How do I know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I know?

Hey guys... I still have not heard back from my lawyer and have a question. How do I know if my chapter 7 case has closed? Also, I did not reaffirm my mortgage and had a credit line from Citi also. How do I know if the Citi credit line was discharged?

Thank you!

If you don't have access to PACER, I think you can call the "Voice Response Unit" and receive the information. You will need to look up your specific court to see if they have a VRU. In any event, just wait for your attorney or call them again.

There are too many factors that could keep a Chapter 7 case open including, but not limited to, assets, income tax refunds, avoidance actions, failure to file debtor education course certification, or just a slow District.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackgoose View Post
      How do I know if the Citi credit line was discharged?
      If the debt was listed on your petition, the creditor received notice, you did not reaffirm the debt and you received a discharge, the debt was discharged unless it was ruled non-dischargeable because the creditor successfully petitioned to have it ruled excluded from discharge. If that happened, I think you would know. If it was excepted from discharge, that should be stated on the order for discharge.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X