payday lender crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

payday lender crap

i went into ace cash this morning asking for another copy stating i owe them and the lady would not give me a second copy she said it will goto collections after they hit my bank account. i told her i closed that account out and there not getting shit out of it because i closed it. she just said ok.. should i wait for it to hit collections???

That's up to you as to the extend you want to deal with any aggressive collection tactics. That could include an actual lawsuit, judgment and a judgment lien being recorded against all your property. Judgment liens are enforceable for 10 years with a renewal option for an additional 10 years in most States.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      That's up to you as to the extend you want to deal with any aggressive collection tactics. That could include an actual lawsuit, judgment and a judgment lien being recorded against all your property. Judgment liens are enforceable for 10 years with a renewal option for an additional 10 years in most States.
      yea but a bk would wipe all of that out right???

Comment

Yes. A bankruptcy stops unsecured creditors from collecting on the debt.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X