Car Repo'd at 0330 this a.m.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nojusticehere View Post
    ...The deficiency will be a unsecured debt and will be included in the BK. Anyone know how long it takes for the sale and notice of deficiency?
    No idea, but don't let it stop you from filing. I had an unknown possible deficiency judgement when I filed; I listed the creditor and the amount as "unknown" with a margin note explaining why. Never heard another word about it.

You could try to find out from the lender directly, if you felt so inclined. In my case, I contacted the lender multiple times, and could never get a straight answer: the lender would refer me to the foreclosure attys, and the foreclosure attys would say, "We don't handle deficiency judgements; you'll have to speak with the lender," and around and around we went. In the end, I said 'screw 'em all' and filed Ch7, so that ended that li'l merry-go-round.
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Very good story...a must read for all soon to be repoees...
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

My Truck was gone when I came home from work 6/4/08

After reading your story (thanks for your humor) I thought maybe someone could explain to me the following?
        I haven't made a payment on my truck since Feb. 08 and I informed Wells Fargo of my BK7 and gave my Att. info. I left the truck in my space and had taken everything out and left the spare keys inside. Now what? So this would not be considered a repro since I was trying to turn the vehicle in? And the Tags were due by end of April which of course I didn't renew. Also should I cancel the insurance? Who ever picked up didn't contact me or leave me anything by the door at all, so I guess I'm just not sure what to do next. It is a GREAT BIG relief to have this truck gone even though I had it for 4 years. I commute 100 miles a day in the silicon valley and my gas payment a month exceeded 500$. I now have civic which I am going to reaffrim with the bk7. yadda yadda yah...blathering sorry.
        So any info you all can give me would be very helpful. And as always thanks for all your previous answers!

Comment

nojusticehere - that story made me laugh so hard, thanks for sharing it.

And congrats to your son. I remember graduating from boot camp. I never thought that day would come.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
            Call the police and report it as stolen, the records division with then verify it was repo'd since they must give notice of the repo with in minutes of it being taken. If they tell you it has been repo'd then cancel in the insurance. If they tell you it was not file a police report.

that's EXACTLY what I was thinking!
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I would have shot him in the other leg just to be an ass and then unlocked the car for him and sent him on his way.

Comment

Re:Car Repo'd at 0330 this a.m.

A termination trigger occurred on April 16, 2008 as a result of the fact that the Applicable Reference Price of Crude Oil was at or above $111 for three consecutive price determination days. An early termination date will occur on June 26, 2008 and the final distribution payment date will occur on July 3, 2008.
                -----------
                micheel

auto auctions

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X