Car Repo'd at 0330 this a.m.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Repo'd at 0330 this a.m.

Hi everyone, I'm back from being ill and also going to see my son graduate from boot camp.

I have a story that I must share. I received a call from my workplace yesterday advising me that a Michelle Coleman was attempting to speak with me and had called several times. She is from Wells Fargo Bank. She had previously left several messages on my cell (nasty lady!!!). Anyway, I thought I should return the call since I was getting sick of her calling my work place and also calling my cell ten times a day. Once I got her on the phone she said "what is the last four of your social?" I told her I wasn't providing this and if she'd like to ask me any other questions in order to verify who I was, then she could do so. She started yelling at me, attempting to intimidate. All I could do was start laughing, which angered her even more, she got flustered. After a while, without validating who she was speaking to, she started talking to me about the car that she wanted to repo. She asked me my address, which I responded with a PO box. She yelled and so "no, your physical address. You should be ashamed of yourself!" I laughed again. She obviously either loves her job or hates it. I couldn't tell. She said in a very demanding voice "where is the car?? I told her it was in my driveway. Anyway, about 3am this morning, I get a call on my cell phone from, yep, the repo man. hahah. He said, "I'm Mr. so and so from Phoenix Recovery, and I'm trying to find your vehicle, but can't find it." I literally started laughing and said "I never thought the repo man would call me in order to repo my car." He apologized, gave me the address where he was, but of course it was the address I lived several years ago. I gave him the right address and hung up. About 20 minutes later, he called back. He said "I'm truly sorry about bothering you again, but the security system you have on this vehicle is one of the best I've ever seen. Every time I unlock the door to get in, the door locks itself before I can open it." I said to him, "are you kidding me? You are calling me because you are unable to repo my car?" Again I laughed. I ended up meeting this guy outside, unlocking the car, having a conversation with him, etc. I asked him how many people actually meet him to allow him to repo their cars? He said "well, I was shot in the leg last week during a repo" and then showed me the bullet hole. Then he said "I appraise properties during the day, this is just a side job. We are just like anyone else trying to make a living." Well, I ended the conversation and went back inside and went back to sleep.

Is this not the one of the strangest things?

Now......how long should I expect to hear that they have sold the vehicle and what the deficiency is? I'm trying to save a few more $ to file a 13. Thanks everyone.

Question:
    Why did you let the auto go to "repo" if you are going to claim bankruptcy??? You could have surrendered it in bankruptcy and walked away owing nothing else on it.

By the way, nice story, very funny........you had to help him repo it.............LOL
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Well, if he declares BK, he will still owe nothing. Any deficiency balance becomes a general unsecured debt.

In any event, that is a humerous story.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth View Post
        Question:
        Why did you let the auto go to "repo" if you are going to claim bankruptcy??? You could have surrendered it in bankruptcy and walked away owing nothing else on it.

By the way, nice story, very funny........you had to help him repo it.............LOL

I had to let the car go back because I couldn't afford to keep it. I hadn't made payments for 4 months. I have another car that I will be keeping and will include (reaffirm) in the 13. The deficiency will be a unsecured debt and will be included in the BK. Anyone know how long it takes for the sale and notice of deficiency?

Comment

depends on your state. mine was 30 days before the auction and then i received the deficiency notice about 10 days later.....

you can call your lender, ask for the repossession department and they can tell you the time frames. there is a redemption period they have to wait before they can go to auction.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Wow, interesting and funny story Nojusticehere, mine is the total opposite of yours. My bk discharged on August 14 and closed on the 15th. My car has been in my driveway waiting to be repo'd. I filed on May 2nd and NEVER MADE ANOTHER PAYMENT!!!! I kept my car insurance current but since i had filed bk they couldn't even touch me unless they went to court to get the automatic stay lifted. I must admit it sure was nice to drive THEIR car fee of charge. Anyway, I've called them several times to pick up the car and my lawyer just wrote a letter certified/return receipt. with the last line stating and I quote "You might need your repo man to bring a DUSTPAN if you decide to wait much longer to repo your colleratal!!!" My lawyer is too COOL!!! Anyway, everyday I get up and the car is still in my driveway, it's tempting to drive but since I cancelled the insurance and got a old car that I paid cash for I just let it set in the HOT SUN ALL DAY!!! Hope it turns to DUST SOON!!!

Anyway, good luck with the ch13. I'm just happy to be FREE OF ALL CAR PAYMENTS!!!!!

Sara4

Filed May 2, 2007
            341 - June 12, 2007
            Discharge - August 14, 2007
            Closed - August 15, 2007

HAVING A GREAT DEBT RATIO.....PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sara4 View Post
              ...my lawyer just wrote a letter certified/return receipt. with the last line stating and I quote "You might need your repo man to bring a DUSTPAN if you decide to wait much longer to repo your colleratal!!!" My lawyer is too COOL!!!
              ROTFLOL!! Your lawyer really is too , Sara4! What a hoot!
              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Did you turn in your plates when you cancelled the insurance or put it in a non-operational status?

BTW....too funny on the dust thing!!!
                Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by sara4 View Post
                  Wow, interesting and funny story Nojusticehere, mine is the total opposite of yours. My bk discharged on August 14 and closed on the 15th. My car has been in my driveway waiting to be repo'd. I filed on May 2nd and NEVER MADE ANOTHER PAYMENT!!!! I kept my car insurance current but since i had filed bk they couldn't even touch me unless they went to court to get the automatic stay lifted. I must admit it sure was nice to drive THEIR car fee of charge. Anyway, I've called them several times to pick up the car and my lawyer just wrote a letter certified/return receipt. with the last line stating and I quote "You might need your repo man to bring a DUSTPAN if you decide to wait much longer to repo your colleratal!!!" My lawyer is too COOL!!! Anyway, everyday I get up and the car is still in my driveway, it's tempting to drive but since I cancelled the insurance and got a old car that I paid cash for I just let it set in the HOT SUN ALL DAY!!! Hope it turns to DUST SOON!!!
                  I've read the Texas laws on obtaining Title to a vehicle and there's an interesting provision in the law. It seems that you can obtain Title to a vehicle that's abandoned on your properety by following some specific steps.

I wonder if the law could be used to obtain Title to the vehicle and end up owning it fair and square?
                  Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

My old neighbor had a repo and got 1500 bucks back, go figure.
                    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

Funny story.
                      And I thought my repo story was odd.
                      I was sleeping on the couch (something I do on weekends because the couch is comfy and I like to fall asleep watching late night TV)
                      About 4 AM there was a loud knocking at the front door.
                      After a few minutes I got up and answered it.

It was the repo guy.
                      He already had the car on the tow truck.
                      Wanted to know if he could get the keys.
                      I guess it is less paperwork for them if they get the keys as then it is a voluntary surrender instead of a repo.
                      He offered to let me remove anything from the vehicle that I wanted if he could get the keys.
                      We had already taken most of the stuff out anyway in anticipation of this, though we were still using the vehicle.
                      I got the keys for him.
                      Went and emptied out the last few things.
                      He even let me use his screwdriver to take the plates off, so we could transfer them easier to the next vehicle.

Nice guy really. Even had his teenage son iwth him.
                      7/01/10 - filed!
                      11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Comment

I actually took my plates off because in FL you use them on the next car. My lawyer is cool and funny and correct since the FL heat is no joke. The lender tried to say they needed my current employer telephone number so I called my lawyer and let him handle it. Any day they come and get it will be fine with me, I'm sure my neighbors wonder why it's sitting there but I don't care what they think. Just glad I don't have a car payment and have a savings!!! Not sure how other states work but in FL you are responsible for your tag therefore I took my plates.

Sara4

Comment

When I lived Lake Lanier in Georgia our address was on a different road than the road our driveway was actually on. In the middle of the night a man knocked on our door asking to use our phone. It seems that he was looking to repossess a vehicle, he couldn't locate the address and got stuck while turning around. He saw our lights and walked through the woods to the house.

Funny thing was, I knew right where the car was that he was trying to repo... in my garage. I let him use the phone even drove him back to his truck, in my other car. They did eventually get that vehicle.

Right now, I've got a vehicle sitting in my driveway that I haven't made a payment on since November. The dealer knows exactly where I live but has made no effort to come get it. It recently broke and I'm debating on whether to repair it or not.

Comment

ROFL!!! This is the best story ever. I especially like the fact that your car seemed to have a Knight Rider type thing going on where the repo guy couldn't get into the car before the door locked. I really need a security system like that. That was a hoot, and I'm glad you have another car so it didn't matter.
                            Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
                            341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
                            Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

wow. Easy for some of you to let go of the car. For me though, I have a material attachment to my car since I love Mustangs. Right now I'm current with my payments but I won't be able to make the due date of the 25th of this month. I would cry if the repo guy came and got it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X