AMEX called today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMEX called today...

They were giving me a 'courtesy call' to remind me that my payment is now past due. I told her that I filed BK7 on 3/6, and that they were notified. She stumbled for words and basically said it's a waste of time for them to follow up on something like this until they have paper work from the court?!?!?!?!? Then she quickly asked for my attorney's name. I had to force the issue with her to notate his phone number and my case number. She indicated that I most likely will be called again and to just have the rep look over the notes on my account.

Something doesn't seem right about this. If they call again I am going to contact my attorney.
    Filed Ch7 3/6/08 [X]
    341 hearing 4/10/08 [X]
    Last day for Objections 6/9/08 [X]
    Discharge AND Closed 6/23/08 [X]

yeah...they should've been notified by now if you filed 3/6. those notices go out pretty quick.

Comment

Sounds like a new call center employee. An experienced one knows immediately that once you give them your case number, it's over. Any further calls asking for payment are a direct violation of the automatic stay.

Sometimes it can take a bit for the "paperwork" she mentioned to wind its way through a large creditor company. Most lawyers say to do what you did until four weeks after filing. After that, any creditor that bills you or calls receives a strongly worded letter from your lawyer emphasizing the risk of further contact after filing.

Do let your lawyer know they called today and go make certain that AmEx is listed on your creditor list on PACER.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
        Do let your lawyer know they called today and go make certain that AmEx is listed on your creditor list on PACER.
        I checked as soon as I hung up. They are the only ones who are not reporting a reference to BK on at least 1 of my CRs.
        Filed Ch7 3/6/08 [X]
        341 hearing 4/10/08 [X]

Comment

call and ask for the BK department. Fax them a copy of your fiing papers. done
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

The sent me an email this morning asking for payment. I sent it on to my attorney and let him know that this is the second time I've heard from them.
            Filed Ch7 3/6/08 [X]
            341 hearing 4/10/08 [X]

Comment

Originally posted by cindylynnsmith View Post
              call and ask for the BK department. Fax them a copy of your fiing papers. done
              Thats what I pay my attorney for

Seriously though, I'm sorta hoping they dig themselves into a hole. They are the creditor most likely to file an objection.
              Filed Ch7 3/6/08 [X]
              341 hearing 4/10/08 [X]

Comment

They called again... Left 2 messages

Good thing I also receive my VMs via email in .wav format...
                Filed Ch7 3/6/08 [X]
                341 hearing 4/10/08 [X]

Comment

If your certain that you included them in your bankruptcy, let them keep calling, if they are too stupid to update their records maybe the date for objections will pass and they still think your just late...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X