Divulging Information? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divulging Information? ?

Does anyone have the law or know where to get the law that prohibits bill collectors from divulging information to your references?

I listed a couple of friends and relatives as references and the bill is auto debited out of my debit account and its late 2 weeks and they have been notified of the situation but instead of them waiting for tomorrow for collect of 134.00 mind you, they have decided to call my references and tell them all about it. Right down to what I have purchased and how much my monthly bill is and how late I am.

One of my references called and told me and said she told them they cant do that but before I call over there yelling I wanted to confirm that it is a law.

Thanks for Your Time
    ~You should always check the source otherwise its just a Tabloid"~Tahnya

The Fair Debt Collection Act doesn't allow collectors that buy your debt from the original creditor to share personal financial information with others. Unfortunately the original creditor is not bound by the Fair Debt Collection Act - there are almost no holds on an original creditor's attempts to collect a debt before you file bankruptcy.

This creditor is playing hardball with you. When are you hoping to file?
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Well I have had to push back filing for over a year now...terrible I know but it was beyond my control. This however has nothing necessarily to do with filing. It could if I dont pay it off I am sure. But this is a debit I have paid faithfully for about months now.

I knew if anyone knew the law my friends here at the bk forum would that is why I asked here.

I am gonna call these people tomorrow. I just dont wanna start yelling something that is incorrect. LOL
      ~You should always check the source otherwise its just a Tabloid"~Tahnya

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X