No announcement yet.

Citi sends 3 police cars to my home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to hear 911 tapes for this call.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
      What did you say to Citibank for them to have the police go to your residence stating that they thought you would harm yourself? Police cars just don't show up at someone's house due to unpaid bills and filing BK. Did you say something to someone during a collection call for them to call the police? I find the entire thing totally amazing as the police don't show up for collection matters like that.
      I want to stress what FLAM already said. BK is NOT a police matter and they are NOT going to show up at your house and NO, you cannot go to jail.

Just want to make sure a new person reading this does not get scared when creditors call or when they file for BK.

Filing BK most certainly does give you protection from the creditors. They must stop calling once they are notified.

Something else is going on in this scenario. Has nothing to do with BK.

NO ONE should be afraid of creditors or of filing for relief through BK.

Comment

what in the world could the debt be for ?? Credit card ?? Mortgage ?? Auto ?? This whole story is wild
        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
          what in the world could the debt be for ?? Credit card ?? Mortgage ?? Auto ?? This whole story is wild
          Our payment to the tustee is due soon. We have not gotten confirmed yet. One notice we did receive stated that if we are late with our payment to the Trustee, the plan can not be confirmed.

This is a second mortgage that is getting lien stripped.

Going over the events of yesterday, Citi called in the morning and then they called in the afternoon. They told the poice they called in the afternoon and I did not answer and they were concerned about me.

A I have said in other posts, just because you file doesn't mean the creditors will stop calling. From what I gathered at my lawyer's offie, creditors are having a field day now harrassing people because they know the courts, the lawyers, etc. are swamped with extra work. When my lawyer's office called Citi, they held their position they will not call my lawyer but will call me.

I expect Citi will call a few time today.
          Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Boy the police in your town are going to be busy if they send squad cars to check out every debtor that does not answer the collectors phone calls!
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Call NYPD and tell them Vikram Pandit is out on a ledge and needs help.
              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Amazing! Not one call from Citi, not even one.
                Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

See, and we all keep saying the credit card company and the lenders don't care about us. This just shows how much they love us.
                  Scared to file. Scared not to file.

Comment

Wow.. I always said if you think no one cares if you're dead or alive, try missing a car payment.

I'm surprised the police didn't charge them with abuse of 911. In fact, I think I would make a stink about that to the police that creditors are abusing the 911 system and let them know you might have to talk to the media about that.

I work in the media. It's amazing how quickly people change their tune when they realize who they're talking to.
                    12/05/08 - filed pro se
                    01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
                    04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
                    6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

You have to go after these low lifes. Go to the best attorney outside your BK case and see if one will take this on with fees based on recovery amount. This could be big. Think about if the judge decides to see if there is the possibility of making it a class action suite and send questionares to everyone ever contacted by this low life to collect on a debt. I just imagine it would balloon very quickly.

Its time to take it back to them.
                      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
                        You have to go after these low lifes. Go to the best attorney outside your BK case and see if one will take this on with fees based on recovery amount. This could be big. Think about if the judge decides to see if there is the possibility of making it a class action suite and send questionares to everyone ever contacted by this low life to collect on a debt. I just imagine it would balloon very quickly.

Its time to take it back to them.
                        This low life is the United States Government, basicly we the tax payers, since we now own a big chunk of Citi Bank, thanks to TARP.
                        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                          This low life is the United States Government, basicly we the tax payers, since we now own a big chunk of Citi Bank, thanks to TARP.
                          Nice, very nice.
                          11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Holy f*cking $hit, this is OUTRAGEOUS!!! Wow, please please please contact the media on this (they could do a story to protect your identity). Did you they call you right before they called the police? Hmmmm...good thing I don't answer my phone at all! ha ha! Obviously there had to be a 911 call and I would assume you should be able to get a copy of that recording for your lawyer. This is blatant abuse of the 911 resources and they should be held accountable. I seriously cannot believe this. I am totally blown away by this.

What if you were not even home, would the police have been able to enter your residence without your consent based on this fraudulent 911 call?

Comment

Originally posted by cyn5 View Post
                              Holy f*cking $hit, this is OUTRAGEOUS!!! Wow, please please please contact the media on this (they could do a story to protect your identity). Did you they call you right before they called the police? Hmmmm...good thing I don't answer my phone at all! ha ha! Obviously there had to be a 911 call and I would assume you should be able to get a copy of that recording for your lawyer. This is blatant abuse of the 911 resources and they should be held accountable. I seriously cannot believe this. I am totally blown away by this.

What if you were not even home, would the police have been able to enter your residence without your consent based on this fraudulent 911 call?
                              Don't think he said that called 911, just that they called the police

Comment

Sounds like part 2 on the 20/20 segment for sure

Crazy shit....sorry John your going thru this..But I would follow thru and maybe make a few bucks...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X