Citi sends 3 police cars to my home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citi sends 3 police cars to my home

I was working out in my front yard and 3 police cars showed up. They claimed Citi sent them. They said Citi thought I might harm myself so they thought the police should check my residence. They did. 3 cars!

I told the police we have a court order in place which was taken out the beginning of January. Since we filed, Citi has called several times per day in direct violation of the court order.

The police gave me a case number and left.

I went to the police station and they said I have to wait 72 hours before I can get a copy of the police report.

I went to my lawyer and they called Citi. According to Citi, they see nothing wrong in calling me several times per day even though I have a court order saying they are not suppose to call me. Citi claims they will still keep calling me. My lawyer's office told them they were idiots and that they are suppose to call my lawyer's office.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Wow! What a way to spend tax dollars.

Comment

I hope your attorney files for sanctions against Citi - you are already in a Ch 13 making payments! What in the world is Citi doing???
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

um. wow. just... wow. i would freak if that happened. not to mention how scared my kids would be. not cool at all. I hope they get roasted.

Comment

WTF ?? was this for a credit card bill ?? how much ??
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

OMG...I cannot believe that! Why isn't your lawyer going to have them sanctioned? My lawyer was all over that. He said if anyone calls me again, he will have them sanctioned. He say maybe they'd end up paying for a new car...to replace the one they will get back in the BK. Wouldn't that be something?

Comment

Originally posted by sassiebaz View Post
              OMG...I cannot believe that! Why isn't your lawyer going to have them sanctioned? My lawyer was all over that. He said if anyone calls me again, he will have them sanctioned. He say maybe they'd end up paying for a new car...to replace the one they will get back in the BK. Wouldn't that be something?
              Was at my lawyer's office and they called Citi. Citi claims they will continue to call me, that is what they told them at my lawyer's office. The person at my lawyer's office told them when I get the police report (Monday) that my lawyer will be contacting Citi. That fact did not bother Citi. They claim they will still continue with the calling (harrassment).

What bothered me was the police wanted to go into our house. I told them "No!". I did not explain to them why I did not want them in the house. They did not push the issue. Where I live, if you let the police inside, they automatically search the house. The pepper plants I am growing would turn into marijuna plants, etc.
              Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

I know you can't comment on "pending litigation", but I think the "emotional distress" and "embarassment" must be tough on you.

I would choose Mercedes, by the way. Although Lexus ain't bad. :-)

Seriously, that is outrageous. I hope you get them good.
                filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                  I know you can't comment on "pending litigation", but I think the "emotional distress" and "embarassment" must be tough on you.

I would choose Mercedes, by the way. Although Lexus ain't bad. :-)

Seriously, that is outrageous. I hope you get them good.
                  I would say Citi has sunk to a new level. Wife and I both want to move. Filing bankruptcy doesn't provide the protection it is suppose to.

Comment

That's just plain crazy!!! I hope your attorney goes after their a**, they are outright harrassing you!!
                    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

That's incredible. Like something out of a movie.

I'm so sorry!
                      Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
                      341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

What did you say to Citibank for them to have the police go to your residence stating that they thought you would harm yourself? Police cars just don't show up at someone's house due to unpaid bills and filing BK. Did you say something to someone during a collection call for them to call the police? I find the entire thing totally amazing as the police don't show up for collection matters like that.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                          What did you say to Citibank for them to have the police go to your residence stating that they thought you would harm yourself? Police cars just don't show up at someone's house due to unpaid bills and filing BK. Did you say something to someone during a collection call for them to call the police? I find the entire thing totally amazing as the police don't show up for collection matters like that.
                          I told Citi to stop calling us several times each day. I told them they have been doing that for over 4 months. They claim our records are in their bankruptcy section while at the same time claiming they have no record of us filing bankruptcy. They claim they will continue to call. I told them we have a court order preventing them from doing that. They claim they are going to continue to call. When I went to our lawyer's office, Citi told them they are still going to call us several times a day and that they do not have to call our lawyer. Citi gave our lawyer's office Citi's bankruptcy section phone number to call but they were already close. We will have to wait till Monday.

Comment

I would call the news and report this as complete government waste.

Comment

Wow! That is the most outrageous thing I have ever heard. Forget sanctioning, you're probably in line for a major harassment lawsuit. The company is apparently ignoring every legal move that has been taken against them.

Also, few police department can spare 3 cars for a wellness check. They usually only send 1 car until backup is called for. Citi probably told the cops that you had threatened violence. Hence the larger roll-out. The bank doesn't care if you hurt yourself or anyone else. It used the police as a tool to intimidate you, pure and simple.
                              I think of my bankruptcy less as "walking away" and more as "gnawing my leg off to get out of a trap".

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X