top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop calls from hot linda (Capital One)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, WE are all good patriots. We charged ouselves into insolvency - just like they wanted us to do.

Comment

lol.... I needed a good laugh.

Comment

Can the company say you provided invalid info and it is required in your agreement? GE money is my main stalker and when I go on my buyer credit through paypal it will not let me change it.

Comment

Originally posted by adviceplease View Post
          Can the company say you provided invalid info and it is required in your agreement? GE money is my main stalker and when I go on my buyer credit through paypal it will not let me change it.
          A lot of companies won't let you change your number after you are in default, or they continue to call old numbers they have had. This was mainly geared at Capital One as I found it worked for me anyway. Bank of Amerca, for example, would pretend to let me change my number but wouldn't really change it.

As far as providing invalid contact info, you broke the agreement the second you missed a minimum payment. Even if you did break some other section what relief could they demand from the court? You providing a real phone number?
          Filed CH13 - 06/2009
          Confirmed - 01/2010

Comment

Haven't received one call to my cell from HSBC since changing the number on 09/04. As far as the home phone...who knows, since I unplugged it months ago.

Comment

So far, changing my phone # via the internet for my HSBC account has worked! I logged into my HSBC account on Saturday, 9/12 and changed my phone #'s to Discover's (801) #. My last call from HSBC was on 9/13. I had been receiving calls every 2 hours, every day for the last 2 months and then....silence from HSBC. I'm LOLing at HSBC calling Discover to try and reach me.

I'm going to go and try to change my phone #'s on my Discover account right now.

Whoever originally thought of this, THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
                What is so disturbing about this is that within days it gets posted on your CR on what ever bureau they use. Then the other collectors jump on this like they just got a new lead. I know that some idiot moved an address of mine from five years ago and now it is listed as my current address and now most of my mail (from creditors and CA's) has gone to this bad address. I been fighting with the last four CA's where they claim they sent dunning letters and it is to this old address. Then they even acknowledge the letter came back as "undeliverable" and yet they still insist I live there.

It really has been very frustrating even when I give them my correct address that is a PO Box that has been on my CR for six years and the ONLY address I have used for any and everything. I have never used a physical address for any account or anything EVER!

That is what makes it even more scary. The only places that knew my physical address where the power co, phone, cable etc, but they all got billed to my PO Box and the state for my drivers license and cars. So one of these leaked the address on to my CR five years ago. I am sure it happened when one of them pulled a CR and they entered the info at that time.

It was also like when I bought a house, I never lived in it but it showed up on my CR as my new address three years ago. I am 100% convinced this what happened. ONE time I changed my billing address for my Citi Visa to that house address then made an online purchase (had to do that so it would ship to the billing address) and as soon as the order was complete, I went back to the Citi website and changed my info back again. It was within like a 20 minute period. But from that point on I got lots of mail and all sorts of stuff at that address. Plus just recently Mann-Crackheads tried to tell me they would put a lien on my house and had sent me several letters to that address (that they said came back). Ya, OK put a lien on a house that was foreclosed on three months ago, be my guest, morons.

I had one collector tell me "I know about that address, that's an old address you have been using to hide from us. We know where you live now, I have your current home address not some PO Box you can hide behind, so do you really want to play these games with me?" OK, OK you win, you caught me....LMAO

However, it is going to be pretty tough to serve me at that address.

I just can believe these collectors today actually think this stuff is so accurate that when you do give them your "real" address, they come just short of calling you a liar.

I mean I know some people go to great lengths to hide from CA's, I can't even get them to just keep sending the mail to my PO Box that I have had for years. <sigh>

I should have done what the OP did that was great thinking, instead I plugged my Google Voice number in.
                You can write to each credit reporting agency-- transunion, experian, equifax-- and ask them to put a statement in your file such as "Please send all creditor/collection agency correspondence to my current address: P.O. Box XXXXXXX, city, state, zip code." I did that and it does appear on all my credit reports.
                Last edited by GoingDown; 09-16-2009, 01:39 PM.
                The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Reminds me of the Blues Brothers.
                  1060 West Addison ... that's Wrigley Field.
                  filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

A peson could go out inthe boondocks and stick in the ground a mailbox along a bunch of other mailboxes at a crossroad intersection. Make sure the number you use is not one of the numbers on any of the other mailboxes.

hen notify creditors and the credit bureaus that particular rural address is yours.
                    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Originally posted by 2Bshinyandnew View Post
                      So far, changing my phone # via the internet for my HSBC account has worked! I logged into my HSBC account on Saturday, 9/12 and changed my phone #'s to Discover's (801) #. My last call from HSBC was on 9/13. I had been receiving calls every 2 hours, every day for the last 2 months and then....silence from HSBC. I'm LOLing at HSBC calling Discover to try and reach me.

I'm going to go and try to change my phone #'s on my Discover account right now.

Whoever originally thought of this, THANKS
                      I changed my # for my Discover card account to HSBC's # yesterday right after I made the above post. I have not received any calls since then, and Discover had been calling every two hours, Mon-Sun from 8am to 9pm.

Thanks OP!

Comment

I wish I could shake them off my cell phone and work #. PITA, I dont answer any unknown #'s on my cell, but all outside #'s to my work come up as "unknown number", and i need to answer some of those as there work related.
                        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X