No announcement yet.

Disturbing Call from Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just trying to bide some time before filing.....I have NOTHING to give them, my husbands salary has gone from 200+K per year to this year he would have made 75k...still a healthy salary by many standards, but not what we have been living of off...Our only option is bk...not something I want to do. So as far as working with them, I just can't. I did call them in the beginning and explained to them what was going on, and they bascially said you have to pay and that is it, until I started being late and then they all of a sudden wanted to work with me, when I don't have the funds to do so, I am struggling to pay the essentials, mortgage, cars, food, utilities.....

I am also a little surprised that this woman was from Chase itself...Chase for the most part up to this point has been very nice and understanding...

Comment

I might give a crap about giving details to the people I signed a contract with. Not some guy getting paid 8 bucks an hour plus whatever he can squeeze out of me outfit that buys the debt for pennies on what is owed.

And besides if you file BK who cares if you refused to pay unless you are saying they never paid, which is not what the op here is saying, then there is little a creditor can do but take it and move on to the next poor sap.
      3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
      4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
      4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
      6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Originally posted by lookieloo View Post
        Or simply someone that has a clue
        Sorry but I agree with albacore who consistently hits the nail on the head.

The only thing OCs have offered to do for me is set up a program to pay the debt off with money I don't have to give them. The best they can do they repeatedly tell me is hold the calls for x days.

Lastly, the only thing an attorney can argue is fraud which is not based on your refusal to pay. Fraud is "an intentional deception for personal gain or to damage another individual" but is not a refusal to pay. If you owe the debt they'll get a judgment if they can produce the necessary documents.

Scaring people is what OCs and CAs do which is why Albacore called it as he saw it.

C7L

Comment

Originally posted by carol7lynn View Post

Scaring people is what OCs and CAs do which is why Albacore called it as he saw it.

C7L
          i have a 3 inch binder stuffed with scare letters. No lawsuits yet, but i'm sure it's getting close, but i'll be filed by then.
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by rooster0330 View Post
            I am just trying to bide some time before filing.....I have NOTHING to give them, my husbands salary has gone from 200+K per year to this year he would have made 75k...still a healthy salary by many standards, but not what we have been living of off...Our only option is bk...not something I want to do. So as far as working with them, I just can't. I did call them in the beginning and explained to them what was going on, and they bascially said you have to pay and that is it, until I started being late and then they all of a sudden wanted to work with me, when I don't have the funds to do so, I am struggling to pay the essentials, mortgage, cars, food, utilities.....

I am also a little surprised that this woman was from Chase itself...Chase for the most part up to this point has been very nice and understanding...
            Sorry to hear about your situation and unfortunately you are not alone. I know the calls can be frustrating I can't say I've never received any before. I do know Chase does honor cease and desist letters, but if the account charges off it will go straight to litigation. Since you seem to be definitely filing BK you would have filed well before that happens. They also accept you verbally telling them that you are filing and that will buy you at least 30 days without calls. You don't even need to speak to them you can call or fax there is also the chance you get an over achieving collector and that does nothing but increase stress which is the last thing you would need right now. I wish you well and hope things do turn around for you.

Comment

To the poster pay at all costs:

Tell that to a crying baby that has not had formula, and diapers in 3 days!
              Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

Originally posted by DebtEnder View Post
                I might give a crap about giving details to the people I signed a contract with. Not some guy getting paid 8 bucks an hour plus whatever he can squeeze out of me outfit that buys the debt for pennies on what is owed.

And besides if you file BK who cares if you refused to pay unless you are saying they never paid, which is not what the op here is saying, then there is little a creditor can do but take it and move on to the next poor sap.
                Wow working adults still make $8 an hour ? interesting.

A question was asked as far as what it means when the collector tells you they are marking your account as refusal to pay. So I answered the question from the standpoint of someone that actually knows because I get paid to sue people that file bankruptcy. So there is alot the creditor can do when you file bankruptcy. You can file a 7 no asset case and smirk because now you win and the creditor gets nothing and someone like me will find enough on you during the discovery phase to get your case converted to a 7 with assets and voila I am garnishing your check.

I was simply telling rooster what it meant when they said that or what it could possibly mean ...period... and as far as giving info I gave blanket #'s which obviously are not your #'s and since no one is going to check wth does it matter ???? especially if you don't feel comfortable giving your personal information over the phone.

Is that a better explanation for you? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by carol7lynn View Post

The only thing OCs have offered to do for me is set up a program to pay the debt off with money I don't have to give them. The best they can do they repeatedly tell me is hold the calls for x days.

Lastly, the only thing an attorney can argue is fraud which is not based on your refusal to pay. Fraud is "an intentional deception for personal gain or to damage another individual" but is not a refusal to pay. If you owe the debt they'll get a judgment if they can produce the necessary documents.

C7L
                  Did I disagree with albacore44? other than disagreeing that I was bank rep? I didn't do a search on all the the previous posts to know how many nails have or haven't been hit.

A question was asked and I answered it and didn't disagree with anyone here, did I ? I advised what it meant when the account is noted that way from the creditors stand point. IMO I thought I was helping by offering a different insight other than F*^&( the OC and CA LOL. I haven't always been able to pay my bills on time ish happens. I've gotten the phone calls and the threats and been terrorized and backed into a corner and scared out of my mind by collection bullies. The best defense in that situation is to be well informed, would you not agree? I believe in doing the right thing by people because I karma is a beast. You can pay $1500 to an attorney to represent you and may still never be fully informed because regardless he is getting his money right ?

What I will say and I'm sure you all agree with is: 99% of the collectors that call you whether it be the OC or the CA has no clue what they are talking about. 9 out of 10 times what you know about the laws will run laps around them 10 times. The worst thing a collector can encounter is a customer that has a clue. This is a recession and as with any company you do business with you will get some morons and some people that want to help you but either way they are there to collect a check and getting you to pay is more beneficial to then than it is to you. That means a bigger pay day (in most cases) for them. I am in no way telling anyone else they are wrong because they are speaking from their personal experience.

Now is there anything that I stated that is so wayyyy off base from what you to believe the truth ?

Comment

I belong to a few other boards. We bash the system there. We know there are plants in there who dissuade us from our views.

This happens thru out the Internet on a variety of topics.

I am a paid subscriber to The International Forecaster. Bob Chapmans newsletter. From there I learn alot of that the big boys do not want you to know. In fact every embassy in the world reads his newsletter and it is among the most pirated in the world. There is a push for a New World Order and people mistakenly think they will be part of it. But the reality is unless you have billions in assets you wont be. Even a few hundred million $ is not included.

Being that the poster admitted what he does- I think that is a big man to do so. (or lady if female)

The board is to learn.

From my perspective- I hate to phone any company anymore because I am too stupid to work the phone tree. Then if I ever do get a real person- they are not able to over ride their computer screen. By the time I finally DO get a person- I hate them for using up 15 minutes of my day. I am frustrated and therefor I almost never call businesses any more.
                    Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

Originally posted by anykey View Post
                      I belong to a few other boards. We bash the system there. We know there are plants in there who dissuade us from our views.

This happens thru out the Internet on a variety of topics.

I am a paid subscriber to The International Forecaster. Bob Chapmans newsletter. From there I learn alot of that the big boys do not want you to know. In fact every embassy in the world reads his newsletter and it is among the most pirated in the world. There is a push for a New World Order and people mistakenly think they will be part of it. But the reality is unless you have billions in assets you wont be. Even a few hundred million $ is not included.

Being that the poster admitted what he does- I think that is a big man to do so. (or lady if female)

The board is to learn.

From my perspective- I hate to phone any company anymore because I am too stupid to work the phone tree. Then if I ever do get a real person- they are not able to over ride their computer screen. By the time I finally DO get a person- I hate them for using up 15 minutes of my day. I am frustrated and therefor I almost never call businesses any more.
                      Thank You I was starting to feel hated and I am a lady. I honestly am not a plant I had a Caramel Brulee coffee with 4 shots of expresso yesterday while working on a case and sat up last night searching the web for more information about the minimum pay increase and came across this website and I read it for awhile before feeling I can possibly "help". I can't very well call a customer directly and say hey this is what you can do to avoid this from happening. So I thought MAYBE making a few suggestions on a board might be "safer" or that someone might appreciate it.

I completely understand the phone thing and I don't know which OC's you have been dealing with but what I have found more beneficial is directly complaining to the OCC if it is the OC and not the CA. There is an online form you fill out with your complaint, gripe; etc and they give the OC 7 days to respond. Since the OC is being "watched" they tend to bend over backwards to make you happy and you will get 1 person assigned to your "case". That person contacts every possible dept for you to give you 1 seemless solution to their a** because whatever they are sending you in writing they are also sending a copy to the OCC. That rep is usually very pleasant because they are not collections they are customer service- trained and aimed to make YOU happy. I would advise maybe hanging on to that persons direct # in case issues arise in the future or to pass along to friends as that is usually a direct phone #. Also once you get that dept your account is being reviewed by people well above the collections reps pay grade with power to make things happen for you where you were previously told too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by lookieloo View Post
                        Simply tell them after taxes your household income is $3000, car $300, mortgage $1500 and other expenses $500=it shows you have $700 left to make payments-Period.
                        Whatever you do, don't do this. This is the worst thing you can do.
                        Filed 4-21-2008
                        7/16- DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Hey lookie....no one here needs your analysis of what they need to live on.
                          Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

Simply tell them after taxes your household income is $3000, car $300, mortgage $1500 and other expenses $500=it shows you have $700 left to make payments-Period.

Originally posted by sisterfunkhaus View Post
                            Whatever you do, don't do this. This is the worst thing you can do.
                            UMMMM!!!! no intentions on doing this!!!! I think lookie needs to go lookie somewhere else, I think he/she stated they work in the industry!!!!! so you figure out the rest....

Thanks for all the wonderful advice!!!!

Comment

sounds like the same woman that calls me. She wanted to know why I could not pay them when I still had a job, I told her my hours had been cut from 60 hrs a week to 40, she told me to go get a second job to pay her. HAHAHAHAH I couldn't help but laugh at her. I told her she was at the bottom of my list and if i decide to pay I'd call them. Very nasty woman. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
                                Looks like a bank Rep found the site
                                Nah...I'm thinking our new 'friend' here works for a Collections Lawyer......but I could be waaaayyy off base:

So I answered the question from the standpoint of someone that actually knows because I get paid to sue people that file bankruptcy.
                                [QUOTE]Wow working adults still make $8 an hour ? interesting. This is happening. It's not a joke....I know people who are working at gas stations right now that have Engineering Degrees....their unemployment has run out and they need to feed their families.....

You can file a 7 no asset case and smirk because now you win and the creditor gets nothing and someone like me will find enough on you during the discovery phase to get your case converted to a 7 with assets and voila I am garnishing your check.
                                This sounds like a really smug statement. Honestly I don't think I could sleep at night if I knew my job was to intentionally dig up dirt on people (who are in a bad situation) and use it to possibly ruin them.....I'm sure you get paid pretty well though...the money must make up for it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X