No announcement yet.

Disturbing Call from Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=NHC;355348]Nah...I'm thinking our new 'friend' here works for a Collections Lawyer......but I could be waaaayyy off base:

Wow working adults still make $8 an hour ? interesting.
    This is happening. It's not a joke....I know people who are working at gas stations right now that have Engineering Degrees....their unemployment has run out and they need to feed their families.....

This sounds like a really smug statement. Honestly I don't think I could sleep at night if I knew my job was to intentionally dig up dirt on people (who are in a bad situation) and use it to possibly ruin them.....I'm sure you get paid pretty well though...the money must make up for it.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lookieloo View Post
      A question was asked as far as what it means when the collector tells you they are marking your account as refusal to pay. So I answered the question from the standpoint of someone that actually knows because I get paid to sue people that file bankruptcy. So there is alot the creditor can do when you file bankruptcy. You can file a 7 no asset case and smirk because now you win and the creditor gets nothing and someone like me will find enough on you during the discovery phase to get your case converted to a 7 with assets and voila I am garnishing your check.

I was simply telling rooster what it meant when they said that or what it could possibly mean ...period... and as far as giving info I gave blanket #'s which obviously are not your #'s and since no one is going to check wth does it matter ???? especially if you don't feel comfortable giving your personal information over the phone.

Is that a better explanation for you? LOL
      I find you disgusting. No one here is smirking except for you. I wish you Karma and that you find yourself in the same situation as us down the road. Most are not here because they WANT to be. Get off this board, you piece of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by lookieloo View Post
        Basically, refusal to pay will simply reduce your chances for any type of payment assistance in the future. Or if you decide to file Bankruptcy and they sue you every memo on your account is sent to an attorney who will argue that you have consistently REFUSED to make a payment. And why would anyone want a judgment on their record? What you can do if you're having difficulties is call them and have your account placed on a long term hardship plan that will stop the fees on the account. If you don't feel comfortable giving specific information simply give generic. All they are looking for is whether or not you can afford to make a payment monthly. Simply tell them after taxes your household income is $3000, car $300, mortgage $1500 and other expenses $500=it shows you have $700 left to make payments-Period.
        I'm pretty sure she said she doesn't have any money. Screw them.
        Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
        Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
        Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
        341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

LookieLoo seems to be missing the point! Or is pretending to miss the point.

One more time you can refuse to pay and even refuse to talk to them and it doesn't matter. What matters is whether (and in some instances when) you stopped paying the original creditor or CA.

So what if the lawyer or creditor's rep tells the judge that you "consistently refused to pay." You can always respond with the truth: i.e. "I literally didn't have dime one to give them. Here is my proof (Submit into evidence your financial statement for the past x months or year.) That's why I refused. I had to pay the rent/mortgage and the necessaries of life and had nothing left and the refusal-argument becomes moot. Who can argue with the truth that you can't get blood out of a turnip and your refusal was an appropriate response under the circumstances. And, if you are insolvent with exempt assets or no assets then the judgment can be vacated.

Trying to scare people by misleading them is what people who are powerless do in any number of situations including trying to collect a debt that someone can't pay. Case in Point: I had an AMEX rep tell me that the law said that she could "record our conversation without my consent." What a tool because the law here in California clearly labels such activities as illegal (It's called wiretaping.). Good thing I was up on the law or she would have manipulated me just like LookieLoo is trying to do here. Go find another board to lookie-Loo-at late at night.

C7L
          Last edited by carol7lynn; 12-09-2009, 08:34 AM. Reason: spell errors

Comment

okay i have dealt with calls from all kinds, but nobody made me wish i knew voodoo or something like chase collectors. these people made my wife cried at least 10 times this year.

Comment

Originally posted by seth View Post
              okay i have dealt with calls from all kinds, but nobody made me wish i knew voodoo or something like chase collectors. these people made my wife cried at least 10 times this year.

I have a Chase Visa ... I think I will pay them one more time after reading your post...

Seth, what state are you in? Does anyone know if a CC's policies are "national" in scope, or very much depend on what state you live in? Or how much debt you have? Seth, how much debt with Chase are we talking about, if you care to share? Mine with them is $4800.

And I gather then you haven't paid them for most of this year? When are you planning to file?
              Last edited by nickifan; 12-17-2009, 12:19 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Note to self:

"Buy airhorn for chase calls."
                Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.

Comment

Lololol!!!
                  Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
                  341 June 1st, 2010
                  Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
                  Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

How to make a free air horn:

body { display: none !important; } window.location.href = "https://www.wisebread.com/compare/page-not-found";
                    Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.

Comment

Originally posted by faust View Post
                      i love it!!!

Comment

I wonder if they would continue to call if they got that a couple of times?
                        Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.

Comment

Originally posted by nickifan View Post
                          I have a Chase Visa ... I think I will pay them one more time after reading your post...

Seth, what state are you in? Does anyone know if a CC's policies are "national" in scope, or very much depend on what state you live in? Or how much debt you have? Seth, how much debt with Chase are we talking about, if you care to share? Mine with them is $4800.

And I gather then you haven't paid them for most of this year? When are you planning to file?

mickifan, i am in Illinois, had a nice newish suv and about 30k debt on 2 cc's. calls for the cc were "contained" at home phone but the auto loan collectors made daily calls to my wife at work...it humiliated her! but later on, it proved to be most useful that everyone knows about our bk7. her boss gave us a 6 month rent free in his condo , a bunch of co-workers gave her gift certificates for storage and moving expenses. I can honestly tell you that this is the MOST STRESS free holiday season we have had in..say around 6-8 years!! goodl uck to all of you and merry christmas!

P.S. sept discharged! AND NO! i didnt pay them! --I DIDNT HAVE MONEY! that's why i filed chapter7 duh?!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X