No announcement yet.

Chase Calling My Cell Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Georgia as well. They call it a "Right to Work" state. You can be terminated without the company ever telling you why.

Comment

Originally posted by Bell30656 View Post
      Your boss does not have to be involved. You can simply tell them that you are unable to receive personal calls at work because your company has a policy against it. If you want to follow that up with a certified letter you can but it isn't required. Truth is the collector doesn't want you to lose your job because that is what they will want to garnish (way down the road) if/when they get a judgment. What they want is to reach you. If they can reach you and you confirm you are who they are looking for (last 4 or whatever) then they will only call that number for you.

Once they have reached you and confirmed you are who they are looking for that is when the hard sell begins. They want to collect the debt you owe. However, once they are in agreement that they have reached the right party tell them Goodbye and hang up.

A cease and desist letter is great if they are a collection agency but if they are the owner of the debt, the FDCPA does not apply to the OC. Powerful lobby in Congress.

This statement that I bolded above is so powerful. My CC's have been calling but once I confirm who I am and that the hubby lost his job and is on unemployment, I thank them for their time and hang up...It has decreased my calls to about once a week
      Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X