Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inaccurate info on levy after writ of execution

The drama continues!

About a month ago, 2 sheriffs (in Pennsylvania) arrived to levy items with a writ of execution.

If you read this thread, you'll see my side of the fiasco. Needless to say, the officers were not the most professional sorts I could have encountered.

Here's the newest issue:

One of the sheriffs found a box for my old digital camera. He told his colleague to put it in the levy. I told him it was broken, he said he didn't care, and it appeared on the list as "good" condition; in fact, everything was in "good" condition despite me informing them of their various malfunctions and imperfections. They did not seize the property (nor took pictures) and instead told me I'd have to produce it after the sheriff's sale. (Why would anyone would bid on something without seeing it? So confusing.)

I just opened the digital camera box. It's empty! The sheriff never looked inside to verify what was in it. I cannot find the camera, which means it was either lost in my last move, I donated it somewhere, or tossed it because it was broken. My last move was 3 years ago, so I have no clue where it could be.

Based on my (bad) experience with the sheriffs of my county, I don't know what to do. Will they believe me when I tell them the camera wasn't in the box? Will I be basically accusing these officers of professional malfeasance because they didn't properly evaluate the property (which really frightens me because I am scared of them re-appearing at the door)?

Anyone have something similar happen? Any suggestions on what to do about this?

(I am trying to get the lawyers representing the loan agency to agree to monthly payments before the sheriff's sale, but I have little faith in their sense of fairness at this point. I am positive they know my financial situation and are simply using the writs and the sheriff's office out of spite.)

Maybe it's time to file chapter 7.

Get the Nolo book and file pro se.

It will be a good learning experience.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
      Maybe it's time to file chapter 7.

Get the Nolo book and file pro se.

It will be a good learning experience.
      and then get out of that state or at least out of that sheriff's jurisdiction. His experience is quite scary.
      Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Yes, in this case, you might as well file bankruptcy. You really have nothing to lose. And if your bk case is successful, this will all go away.
        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Wow that Sheriff is incredibly rude and nasty, I had the same thing happen in PA. The deputy couldn't have been nicer, he was very apologetic and sympathetic, he said he should be out catching criminals. What was his motivation to be so rude??

Comment

I also agree that filing for bankruptcy is probably your best option at this point.

Comment

This thread is ten months old....
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I agree. There is no reason to bring old threads to life unless the original poster needs to offer a conclusion. If one wants to reference an old thread, then do so in a new post, but don't start responding to posts that have been dead for months.

Comment

I did not notice that the thread was 10 months old but even so, I do not feel that it is unacceptable to post on such a thread. As long as the conversation is related to the OP's inquiry, I don't see the harm. After all, this forum is intended for informational and educational purposes to help others (not just the OP) decide on the best course of action with regard to their financial situation. Besides, it's not like someone is trying to "hijack" the thread by asking an unrelated question!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X