Collection demands interest on debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection demands interest on debt

My brother has a debt of 91K, he never signed any agreement they sent goods now they want 18% on that debt, I don't think they can ask for interest without an agreement before hand.

So someone sent your brother 91K of goods with no signed agreement? Doubtful.....
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Not in one transaction, it was over a course of two years the account just got further and further behind.

Comment

Surely there are some signed invoices? Most everyone has terms on their invoices that would be binding.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.

Comment

I'll ask him

Comment

No nothing was signed for, they just dropped off the goods.

Had a scribble but no language pertaining to terms etc.

Comment

Could you tell us what the goods are for 91K. ( I'll bite on this)

Comment

It was merchandise that he sells in his store, in other words it was trade supply from a distributor.

Comment

I see.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo367 View Post
                    No nothing was signed for, they just dropped off the goods.

Had a scribble but no language pertaining to terms etc.
                    If the supplier just "dropped off" 91k worth of goods that haven't been paid for, then why worry about paying 18% either. Obviously, the supplier just doesn't care about getting paid at all....

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                      If the supplier just "dropped off" 91k worth of goods that haven't been paid for, then why worry about paying 18% either. Obviously, the supplier just doesn't care about getting paid at all....
                      Obviously, there has to be more to this story. Either the OP's brother did in fact have an open-ended account with this supplier, or the supplier places merchandise in his store on a "contingency" basis (meaning they get paid when the merchandise sells). In either case, you can't seriously believe that a supplier with no ongoing business relationship simply dropped off a load of merchandise and never demanded that an invoice or payment arrangement be signed.

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
                        the supplier places merchandise in his store on a "contingency" basis (meaning they get paid when the merchandise sells).
                        That's called "theft by conversion" if the merchandise does not get paid for.

Comment

And it is not a consumer debt, and thus, beyond the focus of this forum.

The F.D.C.P.A. does not apply to this sort of transaction.
                          The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                          "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                          Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X