top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court Affidavit by Credit Card Rep a Fraud ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Court Affidavit by Credit Card Rep a Fraud ?

I presently have 2 lawsuits going...
    Went to the courthouse yesterday to look up what the 'Affidavit' was all about that I noticed as posted online on the courtrecords. Found out that it was 'one of those affidavits that the attorney for the plaintiff requested from the credit card (citi). It entails one their 'reps' attesting that they have knowledge of my account...blah, blah, ...basically amounts to a debt validation...

The whole Affidavit is Notarized.....

Ok, while at courthouse, I also looked through some other cases, and stumbled across another 'Affidavit' from a year ago, also from 'Citi' (with same attorney representing plaintiff), and also signed by same Citi rep and same Notary Public.

NOW HERE IS WHAT I FIND INTERESTING (!): While I am no handwriting expert, it appears VERY obvious that the signatures on the two Affidavits DO NOT MATCH !
    THEY DO NOT MATCH FOR THE CITI REP nor FOR THE NOTARY PUBLIC......

I have read about 'Robo' signatures...however this does not appear to envolve that as the signatures are not the same...

Now what ? Pay for a handwriting expert ? ...kinda futile when broke.... B-U-T, I sure would somhow put this into the courtrecords...How to proceed ?

You would need to attack the affidavit as hearsay and probably try to conduct a deposition of the "witness" and find out how many thousands of these he/she is responsible for. In NJ they put in a loophole in the court rules for business records, so such a defense is "pre-defeated". As I've said before the presumption is that original creditor lawsuits are correct, you only have leverage against JDB's who usually don't have paperwork.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

ohboy...have you, or are you going to file bk???

if the answer is yes, you can have those judgments vacated after the discharge of your bk. the atty's office may be using a proxy...it's hard to tell to sign those affidavits. i would check with the court and simply ask them if a signature by proxy is acceptable as law in your state???

best of luck!!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
        ohboy...have you, or are you going to file bk???

if the answer is yes, you can have those judgments vacated after the discharge of your bk. the atty's office may be using a proxy...it's hard to tell to sign those affidavits. i would check with the court and simply ask them if a signature by proxy is acceptable as law in your state???

best of luck!!
        __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

tobee43: I would think that a 'signature by proxy' on a notarized affidavit would not be acceptable as the person making the statement would have to be personally in front of notary in order for notary public to witness the signature....?

Comment

Originally posted by OHBOY View Post
          __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

tobee43: I would think that a 'signature by proxy' on a notarized affidavit would not be acceptable as the person making the statement would have to be personally in front of notary in order for notary public to witness the signature....?
          one would think so. but it will all depend who that notary is. if that notary was sitting in the next cubie???? when then who knows; right? scary stuff.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

one would think so. but it will all depend who that notary is. if that notary was sitting in the next cubie???? when then who knows; right? scary stuff.
            In Florida, some of the notorious foreclosure mills "shared" a notary stamp amongst robo-signers in the office! That is just plain wrong and quite illegal.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

right justbroke, but for US - ordinary mortals - it's illegal, but not for the banksters and their stooges...it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                right justbroke, but for US - ordinary mortals - it's illegal, but not for the banksters and their stooges...it would seem.
                Illegal? hahahahahahaha..............

What does that have to do with anything these days?

It's all rigged, and the citizens of America are the victims.
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Exactly!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                    In Florida, some of the notorious foreclosure mills "shared" a notary stamp amongst robo-signers in the office! That is just plain wrong and quite illegal.
                    nice isn't it?? and what happened to them? absolutely nothing. unreal, a "shared" notary stamp. just pass the stamp over here!

Comment

nice isn't it?? and what happened to them? absolutely nothing. unreal, a "shared" notary stamp. just pass the stamp over here!
                      I believe that the actual Robo-signers received immunity and the State Attorney General is about to settle with a few more foreclosure mills. They just settled with one of them back in April 2011 (Marshall Watson law firm). It's really incredible what was happening to "expedite" foreclosures Additionally, the specialized foreclosure circuit in the 4th District (I think that's Hillsborough (Tampa), Pinellas (St. Petersburg), and several other surrounding counties, has closed a few weeks ago due to lack of funds (they are over budget). (I think they closed them due to the fact that an election cycle is coming and plenty of voters and people aren't going to get re-elected... but that's another story for another forum.)

I feel so sorry for the poor lenders who can't foreclose without producing any shred of evidence that they own the note. They now have to go back to Civil Circuit where it is more difficult and takes WAY MORE TIME.
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                        I believe that the actual Robo-signers received immunity and the State Attorney General is about to settle with a few more foreclosure mills. They just settled with one of them back in April 2011 (Marshall Watson law firm). It's really incredible what was happening to "expedite" foreclosures Additionally, the specialized foreclosure circuit in the 4th District (I think that's Hillsborough (Tampa), Pinellas (St. Petersburg), and several other surrounding counties, has closed a few weeks ago due to lack of funds (they are over budget). (I think they closed them due to the fact that an election cycle is coming and plenty of voters and people aren't going to get re-elected... but that's another story for another forum.)

I feel so sorry for the poor lenders who can't foreclose without producing any shred of evidence that they own the note. They now have to go back to Civil Circuit where it is more difficult and takes WAY MORE TIME.
                        that interesting, and i do not likely believe limited to the state of florida alone.

we do personally, believe we are also experiencing that same situation with our nj property, as it was refinanced right in the middle of the robo signing mess. i also believe that is why there has been a delay in the our personal foreclosure. our bank, chase, is also between a rock and hard place, as they must foreclose prior to being able to collect from the fha on the pmi. (that is according to the fha as they have a stringent process the bank must follow to collect on their claim).

it certainly would be easier in cases such as ours, to simply sign a deed in lieu, however, if there are document issues, i can now have a better understanding why these foreclosures have been halted.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X