Chase gave up on us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase gave up on us

Interestingly enough, dh just got two 1099's from Chase.
    After two plus years of Google Voice and him being self employed, I guess they decided he's judgment proof.
    He counter-sued Chase on one of my accounts and got the whole thing dismissed with an order of no 1099 on that one.

Keep On Smilin'

I am glad to hear this!

They have a very difficult time collecting debts from self-employed individuals.

I think it is one of the main things to make them give up on collecting from certain debtors.
    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Hey GD, I knew you'd like that
      I actually hope that we can go BK before I get some of those. Unlike DH, I have a retirement account from way back when and could wind up with tax consequences.
      Gotta see where health insurance falls out next year. Meanwhile, I need surgery at some point so timing is not good. Could be just I declare... that actually might work out well.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

did you get A's or C's?????

also, you'll attach that 982 no money insolvency...that should work just fine. just check to make certain what the proofs are if or since you haven't filed yet.

i gotta big nothin from chase. not even a nice letter from my C & D letter, i'm so disappointed.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

There is something going on at Chase. I was only one year behind last year when I received 2 l099-c's from them for debt totaling around 15K. Three days ago I received my last one from them for a debt of about 5K.
          I have read on other boards a lot of people are receiving 1099-c's from Chase. Question: why didn't Chase sell the debt to Junk debt buyers?

Comment

I think it got bounced back and forth a bunch of times. I've had any number of letters from jdb's in the past two years. My buddy Marshall kept calling. Now we call all of those unknown numbers "Marshall".

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I'm surprised that Chase has yet to send me a 1099. Its been over four years when I stopped paying. The balance with fees and interest has surely past the $24,000 mark. Have other Chase cards via dept stores.

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
              I think it got bounced back and forth a bunch of times. I've had any number of letters from jdb's in the past two years. My buddy Marshall kept calling. Now we call all of those unknown numbers "Marshall".

Comment

i do understand why we didn't get on our mortgage, since chase hasn't foreclosed, but we rec'd none on any of our chase backed cards either? interesting.

although here's a thought. how can a bank send out 1099A....Cs S...whatever when they were bailed out by us and have that money back and one filed bk. being discharged the debt was cleared and not considered a "gain".

so, the reason they issue these 1099 is it's the banks way of claiming the loses to the bank, not just a debtors gain due to our not paying off the debt. once the government paid them back they can't issue a 1099 on a loss they got paid for?
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X