Interest Rate on Credit Cards-CareCredit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest Rate on Credit Cards-CareCredit

I was just curious. Has anyone ever successfully lowered an interest rate on a credit card. A few years back I had a Care Credit account and I remember the interest being double that of the minimum payment. In my case the total bill was $1,800 and thew minimum payment was $91. Then on my next statement my balance was $2,000 due to $200.00 in interest. Is there anything I could have done? Thinking back ,I wonder how anyone could ever pay off a cc , being circumstances like that. No wonder people give up. Thanks everyone!

Care credit is a card backed by GE Money one of the biggest crooks out there. They change interest rates and payment dates on a whim. Google complaints about GE Money and see the many pages of unhappy customers. You will find that what you're experiencing is common when dealing with them.

Comment

Both times I used Care credit, I paid off at 12mos, b4 the interest kicked in. Did you have contract and let it expire? I found out the dentist gets billed a big hit when we use the card for his services, that is how they can give interest free for certain time period.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

That would make sense. I had planned to pay it off in 18 months. I did not anticipate the huge climb in interest. I was pretty clueless back then.

Comment

Yes, they add all the interest for the beginning of plan if not paid by contract date, in my case 12mos. Oh Yeah and As soon as it was paid off on my hubby account, they closed it promptly. My dentist has a new plan not care credit, He tried to talk us into last visit. He said it was interest free also, but required downpayment. He is losing business due to economy and his prices are too high. I had requested discount to pay cash, but said debit card did not qualify for cash.
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I had Care Credit for a few years, and though I kept up the payments, I had quit using it prior to my Chapter 13 filing October 2010. I just can't believe some of those dentists. One person I went to said that I needed at least $4,000 of dental work. Then when I said I couldn't afford it, he says, "So? You have Care Credit."

Comment

I have a question about my Care Credit debt. I know it should be discharged in my chapter 7 filing, but does CC attempt to charge back this debt to the providers? I don't want my dentists to get stuck. Thanks!

Comment

The Dentist has already been paid, and he also had to pay them a fee like 2.5%. I doubt if that could happen. Please let us know if such a thing happens. I guess the dentist would send you a bill if that were the case.
                chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by gina2000 View Post
                  I have a question about my Care Credit debt. I know it should be discharged in my chapter 7 filing, but does CC attempt to charge back this debt to the providers? I don't want my dentists to get stuck. Thanks!
                  I highly doubt it. If they could do that, few medical providers would accept it. They might as well extend credit themselves if they are going to take the risk anyway.
                  Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 03-22-2013, 12:13 PM.
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks for the responses. They make sense. The fee paid by the dentist to Care Credit sounds comparable to the merchant fee charged by Visa and MC banks.

Comment

I'm just throwing this out there... there is no way I could afford to go to a regular dentist, so I went to a dental clinic at my local county hospital. They have a sliding scale for the fees they charge, based upon your income. I had to show them my latest tax return transcript from the I.R.S., and I had to show them a few other things indicating financial and asset info, etc., and then they did the necessary dental work for a relatively cheap price. There was a long wait, in the waiting room, with a lot of other people who were also waiting to get their teeth fixed, and it took the whole day to get through the long wait, but it did finally get done.
                      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X