2 questions: income and NOLO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions: income and NOLO

The schedules are the same for a 7 or a 13, but I think there is a big difference in how they are handled by the respective trustees. It's almost as if they don't care about what you have in a 13 (because you are paying a monthly plan to 'keep' what you have).

Other than my house, which is a bag of worms, I don't THINK I have any non exempt assets which in any case were already listed in my 13.

I fillled out the means test schedule using my past 6 months income which was high for all but 2 of the months and I still passed. When it comes to Schedules I and J however, my incomee is now $505 mo plus social security..so not very high. I suspect I list my income as what it is NOW, correct? And I don't include social security?

I am happy to buy and download the Nolo books but I was wondering which one is the best for filing out the schedules. And in teh download version , can you file out the forms online and then print? (I read on justbrokes blog that the forms should be typed not handwritten)

Thanks,

maybe you can pm jb....can get direct info from him.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I'm not sure about how their forms are, but I'd guess when you download their book, the forms are also in PDF format. Right now Nolo is having a sale for their 39th anniversary, plus there is a coupon online for $10 off, so you can get Nolo's chapter 7 book for $12.39.

Just read where the cd that they include with the actual book has the forms in rich text format, pdf , or excel spreadsheet formats. I'm sure then that the downloaded book would have the forms in one of those three formats as well. Darn! I really wish I'd downloaded it now. I used my state's website for the forms, but having everything in one place would have been nice.
      Last edited by free2breathe; 10-29-2010, 11:33 AM.
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Thanks for the coupon tip...got the book andpretty much read it. Found a couple of mistakes my bk attorney made when filing the 13 (Well, about 10 mistakes)
        The download version has forms in pdf so I'llhave to go to theUSforms to fill in and print the finals.

So if I forgot 2 creditors (unsecured) on the Matix I submitted, does it cost to add them? If it does, can I just file a complete petition inc. a newmatrix since I only filed an Emergency Matrix?

Comment

Amendments to Schedules D, E, or F or to the Creditor's Address Mailing List or Matrix, regardless of whether the notice to creditors has been mailed $26.00

CoBelle, that was from the CO Bankruptcy court site. I'm pretty sure that you will have to pay, even though you filed the emergency petition. Of course, you only pay once no matter how many creditors you add (once per amendment, so make sure you have them all before you amend)

Also, check with them about how to amend. Some districts want the full schedule with amendments, others only want the changes, not the entire thing re-filed. Should be able to scrounge it up on their site somewhere.

Comment

Knew I could find it ;)
            Just search "amend" on that page and you'll find the rules regarding amending schedules and the creditor matrix. Hope this helps!

Comment

If you didn't file any schedules with the "emergency petition", you probably need to pay the $26 amendment fee. The best thing to do is just to call the Clerk's office and ask a "procedural" question.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X