Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
    don't forget orlando
    I didn't. I guess I didn't write it plainly enough, but the Middle District makes a wide swath through the body of the state starting with the Northeast Part and going down through Fort Myers. Orlando is definitely included. Here is a map if I can remember how to post it, and link to the site if I don't:

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

justbroke, my number was higher than they attorney's. We are getting our other auto appraised on Wed so I will see how this goes before I proceed to take up this whole issue with our attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
        I'm curious, and you don't have to answer if you don't wish to. But whereabouts in the Middle District are you? Middle District covers most everything from Jacksonville to Tampa and a little beyond. We are in the part that uses the Jacksonville Court.
        I don't want to say specifically for obvious reasons but we are South of Tampa to give you a better idea where we are....

Comment

jb is correct with the appraisal, i would get a reputable real estate company to come and do the comps in the area. you may be shocked. also, for a "quick" look at what's happening in your area, go to zillow.com as they list the sales in your neighborhood and it will give you a good idea what the market value is.

i personally like zillow.com is unreliable, however, even the banks use it now! (i remember seeing our old property on there and they didn't even have the number of bedrooms or bathrooms correct!), yet, "they" are still using the site as it does record actual sales and their dates.

jb point is one that should be something that someone filing in florida really takes into consideration when filing here.

we are also in the middle district and i know it's been a ruff go for many here, however, as jb states, in not just limited to the middle district, it's happening all over florida. we were lucky and had left our property in another state, established residency for two years and then filed without using the homestead exemption, as we didn't have a home, we were surrendering it.

i know this is going to sound odd, but i really don't think you have much to worry about. if you aren't "hiding" assets, you may just end up as jb says, having to pay out a bit over a year or so. i would think that the worse scenario.

not to be a clique, but it's only money.
          Yes Zillow was one of the online sources that I used to estimate the market value of the homestead which showed a little bit of equity. We have only owned this home a little over a year now. The attorney did not agree with the number and reduced it to closer to the market value on the property tax bill. He didn't tell me where or how he derived at the value but I noticed it was awfully close to the market value on the time notice I received shortly after we filed the bk.

You are right, it is only money, I guess I am making too much out of this. I think it's just the shock of one minute thinking things are okay and than getting thrown a curve ball by the trustee after the 341. Maybe I should have spent more time on this forum but we had so much going on with my dog being sick and everything and I had limited amount of time to research.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
            I didn't. I guess I didn't write it plainly enough, but the Middle District makes a wide swath through the body of the state starting with the Northeast Part and going down through Fort Myers. Orlando is definitely included. Here is a map if I can remember how to post it, and link to the site if I don't:

http://www.flmb.uscourts.gov/facts/
            it's a HUGE area, i just didn't want you to forget me!! LOL!!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by KnOmom View Post
              Yes Zillow was one of the online sources that I used to estimate the market value of the homestead which showed a little bit of equity. We have only owned this home a little over a year now. The attorney did not agree with the number and reduced it to closer to the market value on the property tax bill. He didn't tell me where or how he derived at the value but I noticed it was awfully close to the market value on the time notice I received shortly after we filed the bk.

You are right, it is only money, I guess I am making too much out of this. I think it's just the shock of one minute thinking things are okay and than getting thrown a curve ball by the trustee after the 341. Maybe I should have spent more time on this forum but we had so much going on with my dog being sick and everything and I had limited amount of time to research.
              ahhhhhhh...no, it's all going to fine really.

when i said it's only money, i 'm just saying at least if they are going to strip us bare, we can be thankful for the food on our table, and the little things that are important in life that don't cost money. like aaaaaaaa....what?????? ahhhhhhh...okay, i'm at loss, but it will be ok.

i'm certain, even if the court fines you owe something, they will work out a workable payment plan based on your dmi. so sorry about your dog
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

ahhhhhhh...no, it's all going to fine really.

when i said it's only money, i 'm just saying at least if they are going to strip us bare, we can be thankful for the food on our table, and the little things that are important in life that don't cost money. like aaaaaaaa....what?????? ahhhhhhh...okay, i'm at loss, but it will be ok.

i'm certain, even if the court fines you owe something, they will work out a workable payment plan based on your dmi. so sorry about your dog
                thanks Tobee...the little things like....welll...I still have the doggy kisses and tail wags that greet me when I come home each day from work...now that is truly priceless ...my dog is doing better for now, They had to remove his spleen to make sure it wasn't cancer. Thank God we got a good report as far as that was concerned . We are still testing his liver. There are several things that could be going on. But he is eating and happy and loving life as usual .We have put him through so much the last couple of months with so many vet visits, the surgery and tests galore, we all needed a break so we will resume the testing beg. of the new year. This BK too will pass....thanks for everyone's comments and support on here!!

Comment

You have just the right atttitude - things are just things. Your family and those you love are what is important!! But it is worth an extra question or 2 to your attorney.

Hope your furry friend continues to mend. They sure put paw prints on our hearts don't they?

You have all of us sending happy thoughts your doggy's way! Even the cat people will, too, I bet!!!
                  ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                  Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by KnOmom View Post
                    thanks Tobee...the little things like....welll...I still have the doggy kisses and tail wags that greet me when I come home each day from work...now that is truly priceless ...my dog is doing better for now, They had to remove his spleen to make sure it wasn't cancer. Thank God we got a good report as far as that was concerned . We are still testing his liver. There are several things that could be going on. But he is eating and happy and loving life as usual .We have put him through so much the last couple of months with so many vet visits, the surgery and tests galore, we all needed a break so we will resume the testing beg. of the new year. This BK too will pass....thanks for everyone's comments and support on here!!
                    i'm so glad to hear that! now that's really truly worth it all

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                      You have just the right atttitude - things are just things. Your family and those you love are what is important!! But it is worth an extra question or 2 to your attorney.

Hope your furry friend continues to mend. They sure put paw prints on our hearts don't they?

You have all of us sending happy thoughts your doggy's way! Even the cat people will, too, I bet!!!

you are so sweet....and funny..love the paw!

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post

awww...love it.....yes -the paw prints are permanent for sure!!..I love my little angels...many thanks Valle!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                          If you actually have a few thousand dollars worth of equity, then it could be questionable as to whether that would motivate the Trustee. However, you stated that you are underwater.
                          I had $5K in equity above the homestead exemption, and my trustee wanted every one of those 500,000 pennies! (I negotiated that down by the $2400 in real estate commission that would need to be paid if he were to confiscate it from me and sell it.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X