Chapter 13 Mortgage Arrears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 Mortgage Arrears

I filed for Chapter 13 to avoid foreclosure on my house. I am about 11 months away from the end of my plan (5 years) and there is still a big chunk of money left on my mortgage arrears. Based on my monthly payment amount there is no way this will be completely paid off when I go to discharge. Will my home immediately go back into foreclosure since there is still a balance? How much time would I have to come up with the remaining money due?

Welcome to BKForum. Do you have an account on the National Data Center's (NDC) website (ndc.org)? If not, go look there to see how it's being paid. I would get in touch with my attorney after I look at the NDC and look at the ledger (payments made by the Trustee). It can be an issue if your payments are making your plan infeasible.

Let us know how that works out lula810
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I would also send a qualified written request under RESPA. I don't see why you can't ask for a loan modification but always do it with a QWR and make sure send any letter to the address they designated for QWR.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X