Public Notice of Foreclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Notice of Foreclosure

Just getting the ball rolling on filing my BK, hopefully a chapter 7 June 1st. We plan to roll the house in and probably foreclose as I owe $406K on the 1st, $120K on the second and the house is now worth around $360K! I'm going to do whatever I'm going to do anyway, but just curious:

I know a foreclosure is a public record. Where is it published and what does it say? Does it give just an address, or does it give my name, address, $ situation, blood type, etc???

Obviously the less embarrassment the better!

After 8 months of no payment ours is finally going to forclosure. The letters we received from the lawyers has the listing that will be in the papers. It states the legal description, as well as the physical address, your name and when you executed the mortgage and for how much. Then it tells the sale date, hope that helps!

Comment

That sucks! Is every state the same? I live in CO.

Comment

Yes that exact info is printed in the forclosure notice in Colorado. Down here in Pueblo the local paper has a "legal paper" in addition to the daily newspaper. That paper can be bought or subscribed to by anyone but the average person never sees it or even knows about it.
        Filed ch.7 July 6
        341 Aug 13 2009
        Discharged Oct 23 2009

Comment

It has to be listed in the newspaper or some other "public" periodical. Depending on the State, it may need to "run" for 2-4 weeks (or some other number of weeks). Some States/Jurisdictions even publish them on the Sheriff's website. It also gets on all those RESO/Bank-Owned and foreclosure sites. You will start getting "save your home" letters too, as companies "subscribe" to the list. The listing will have your full name(s), as recorded on the deed, as well as the address.

Don't worry about it though. It's just some wood, glass, mortar and a roof. Many people are going through this.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It will probably appear in the "Legal Notice" section of the paper where certain legal items need to be reported; i.e., notification of name change, etc. Our local paper prints items daily and these items follow the want ads in the Classified section of our newspaper.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I live in a small condo complex and they post it on your front door and window for everyone to see, if they choose.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X