No announcement yet.

Florida Foreclosure timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 3/4 year update. My last 2 posts are on page 9, explaining my lawsuit from 2009-2011.

Suit filed against us 11/09, tampa area. Followed through on Ch7 bankruptcy at end of 8/2011, as final judement was going to be issued. Ch7 341 and following months were "easy". The trustee did not question or try to get the equity from our cash condo about 65k worth. We told trustee cash was from savings and wages and she never asked any further questions. Agreed to give back house owing about 325k.

The funny thing is from 8/11 until now 8/12, nothing has appeared on the docket and as 5?? months ago the website docket has disappeared. There are no cases under my wifes or my name - where did it go???? There has been no communication between citimortgage, any lawyers, and us. Our son and friend continue to live in the house. We had hoa fees dismissed in bankrutcy, I am wondering if we are liable since 8/11 for new hoa fees. I assume bank has paid the yearly insurance, I havent got an insurance or citimortgage statement in 2+ years.

Is it so bad in FL that banks are just abandoning cases to refile at a future time? Has anyone elses docket case disappeared from their local county website?

Good luck, Tim.
    Last edited by tim1; 08-05-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

tim,

what about your current HOA fees??? you are still paying them correct?
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

We had a property(condo) that Bank of America started foreclosure in Sept 2009.We got a letter in Feb 2012, that they were dismissing the foreclourse.There has been nothing since then noted on the docket from them...

Comment

The funny thing is from 8/11 until now 8/12, nothing has appeared on the docket and as 5?? months ago the website docket has disappeared. There are no cases under my wifes or my name - where did it go???? There has been no communication between citimortgage, any lawyers, and us. Our son and friend continue to live in the house. We had hoa fees dismissed in bankrutcy, I am wondering if we are liable since 8/11 for new hoa fees. I assume bank has paid the yearly insurance, I havent got an insurance or citimortgage statement in 2+ years.

You had HOA fees dismissed?

I believe that after having a BK granted, and you are still living in the condo the NEW HOA fees are yours to pay...at least that is what I have been told....

Comment

oh yes, correct, they are. one is responsible, unfortunately, until the title changes over and out of your name. the fees can really ad up so it's best to keep on top of them so it doesn't come back to bite you at a later time.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Still no action on my forclosure. A relative went in to see her attorney today and was told Hillsboro cnty has 39000 forclosures pending so she should have easy 18 to 24 more months in her house Lp was filed yesterday.

Lp 11-30-2011 stopped paying june 2010
              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by tim1 View Post
                2 3/4 year update. My last 2 posts are on page 9, explaining my lawsuit from 2009-2011.

Suit filed against us 11/09, tampa area. Followed through on Ch7 bankruptcy at end of 8/2011, as final judement was going to be issued. Ch7 341 and following months were "easy". The trustee did not question or try to get the equity from our cash condo about 65k worth. We told trustee cash was from savings and wages and she never asked any further questions. Agreed to give back house owing about 325k.

Is it so bad in FL that banks are just abandoning cases to refile at a future time? Has anyone elses docket case disappeared from their local county website?

Good luck, Tim.
                Your case may have been dismissed due to lack of prosecution. Mine almost came to that but then my bank files an update to extend it. 6 days til court date for me.

Question for the masses... Will a sale date be set during my MSJ court date coming up? Or with that date be set at a later date. Trying to time move out and how much time I have.

Comment

I think it will be set at the hearing. I read a blog Florida foreclosure defense blogspot. I enjoy reading blogs. It says at recent hearing 97 cases in S Fla, the sale date was set if judgement was granted. Most people did not show up and One judge had all those cases in one day. Please post update after your hearing.
                  chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
                    I think it will be set at the hearing. I read a blog Florida foreclosure defense blogspot. I enjoy reading blogs. It says at recent hearing 97 cases in S Fla, the sale date was set if judgement was granted. Most people did not show up and One judge had all those cases in one day. Please post update after your hearing.
                    That's what I figured and expected. I also read that the sale date cannot be scheduled earlier than 20 days but no later than 35 days from that sale date as well. That is the time frame I am working in.

I am actually hoping it all happens without a cancellation or delay. I want the house out of my name so I can officially move on. I will keep this thread going until that happens. Hopefully someone in our position can get some use out of it in the future.

Comment

I understand totally, wanting to move on, They could drag it on and on, I hope they do not drag on. We are ready to move, since December but we will let it ride until the end.
                      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Cory
                        Hope all goes good today.
                        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
                          Cory
                          Hope all goes good today.
                          Thanks! Me too. I didn't go to the hearing. Guess it will be a couple days until I get something in the mail or it appears online.

Comment

Sale date set for 9/26. We are moving a lot of our stuff over to the new place this weekend and hope to have most finished by next weekend. I finally see this chapter coming to a close. I thought it was comical with the amount of fees added into the final payoff amount. I now owe more than what I paid for the house. lol.

Comment

I hear you, I bet they will do the same to us. Thanks for the update. Good luck on new home.
                              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Update from burbs north of Tampa:

We are nearing 4 years of nonpayment. No movement from BoA. Still sitting where we were 3.5 years ago, Lis pendens filed, but nothing more.

We have not received a mod offer in 6 months or so. However, we got a bit excited when BoA sent a package. It turned out to be a request for the judge to change an email address for one of the lawyers. I wonder if that is enough to keep the case active, or if they have to do more.

The house is badly deteriorated. There have been a few good storms through the area, and mold from the tropical heat is sprouting all over the place. It smells horrible in there. And we left it fairly clean. Too bad, it was a lovely house in a nice neighborhood. At the peak, we were offered 600k for it, but declined because everything else was also overpriced. Now, we figure it's worth 200k at most. But the bank isn't interested.

Side note: We have not paid the HoA either. They sent a lawsuit, indicating they were going to get a lien against the house and not pursue us. Since we don't have any money to make it worth their effort, it's probably their best choice.

It just drags on and on and on.
                                11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                                12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                                3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X