No announcement yet.

Florida Foreclosure timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will have to do that in a bit. The county property appraiser site still shows in my name but not sure how often that is updated.

Comment

Originally posted by cory1848 View Post
      I will have to do that in a bit. The county property appraiser site still shows in my name but not sure how often that is updated.
      yes, it very well be every month or so.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Ch7 discharged and closed on Oct 19. So the waiting begins. I'll be checking the county record site every day. I'm guessing the Lis Pending will appear there. They show the Assignment that took place in June. Would PACER also show the Lis Pending?

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
        Still no action on my forclosure. A relative went in to see her attorney today and was told Hillsboro cnty has 39000 forclosures pending so she should have easy 18 to 24 more months in her house Lp was filed yesterday.

Lp 11-30-2011 stopped paying june 2010
        Floridagail,
        You never hired an attorney or did anything to respond to the LP, is that right? That's crazy. Do you think it's due to your county being too backed up? Or is your lender just not very motivated?

Thanks!
        MikeW
        Filed Ch7 - July 19, 2012
        Discharged and Closed - October 19, 2012

Comment

We did nothing when we got Lp back in November 2011, We did call an attorney when we decided to stop paying our mortgage May or june 2009. He just said you are so underwater why keep paying. You will get notice of LP in mail or server. I would look at the official records at online for your county clerk of circuit court. I doubt if it will show up on pacer. I think BOA has not pulled the trigger on our forclosure due to market in florida being so bad and we are still there so they move on vacant properties first. The first year we were stressed out, now we just hope for best and if no principal offer reduction, they can have the house. There are still several properties on my street sitting empty now 3 yrs.
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

We did nothing when we got Lp back in November 2011, We did call an attorney when we decided to stop paying our mortgage May or june 2009. He just said you are so underwater why keep paying. You will get notice of LP in mail or server. I would look at the official records at online for your county clerk of circuit court. I doubt if it will show up on pacer. I think BOA has not pulled the trigger on our forclosure due to market in florida being so bad and we are still there so they move on vacant properties first. The first year we were stressed out, now we just hope for best and if no principal offer reduction, they can have the house. There are still several properties on my street sitting empty now 3 yrs.
            Thanks Floridagail. That makes me wonder if it's worth it to pay an attorney to answer the LP. You're probably the exception to the rule though. I'm sure it depends on county and lender. I'll have to do some checking to see how bad it really is here. My attorney was real cheap on the Ch7, so I bet he'll be lower than the standard $1,500. It's probably worth it to have the piece of mind. I'll schedule a consult.

The house is in horrible condition. I never did bite the bullet and fix up the outside. So you look at it from the road and cringe. Visibly, from the road, you can see at least 30K to 40K worth of work that needs to be done. Plus I was about 60K underwater before Ch7. And I'm still in the house. Maybe that will help move me down in the pile.

Comment

Received a copy of orginal mortgage note in mail today in large envelope from attorney in tampa, no letter just copy of note, I checked official records nothing going on, My guess maybe a tactic to get us to call them since we have not responded to LP or number of offers for loan mod. We will probably just rent when we have to move. My stepson house still sits empty since 2007 no action on it either.
              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Received a copy of orginal mortgage note in mail today in large envelope from attorney in tampa, no letter just copy of note, I checked official records nothing going on, My guess maybe a tactic to get us to call them since we have not responded to LP or number of offers for loan mod. We will probably just rent when we have to move. My stepson house still sits empty since 2007 no action on it either.
                We got a copy of our original note from a Tampa attorney this past Friday. We were Chap 7 discharged in 11/11 and did not reaffirm. Have been out of the house for a while now. LP was served in April 2012 and Motion for Summary Judgement is supposed to occur in early January. Initially I thought that the copy of the original note was sent because it appears that BoA/Countrywide on the 2nd is trying to stop BOA on the 1st from getting a judgement or, at least, asking for confirmation of the original note. Maybe not. I know that there were issues with several banks for not having the proper foreclosure paperwork so maybe this is a response to that. I didn't get the mail until late in the day so haven't been able to call on it yet.

Comment

THanks for reply, We have no summary judgement set yet. As far as we know. I will ck again tomorrow.
                  chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I did find a case mgmt conf Feb 11,2013 shown on our forclosure case. IT says nothing about a summary judgement. I guess maybe we will be getting summary judgement hearing notice soon. Any Ideas out there?
                    Last edited by Floridagail; 11-11-2012, 06:43 PM. Reason: typo
                    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Update - House is officially out of my name on the Property appraisers site. Listed as foreclosed on zillow along with transfer info. So looks like I am in the clear and my saga is officially over. Good luck to everyone out there still going through this process. It may seem daunting and frustrating but in my experience, necessary and worthwhile in order to move on to the next chapter of our lives.

Comment

A BIG congratulations to cory. I'm still waiting but I know it will happen eventually as you are living proof.

Comment

Originally posted by cory1848 View Post
                          Update - House is officially out of my name on the Property appraisers site. Listed as foreclosed on zillow along with transfer info. So looks like I am in the clear and my saga is officially over. Good luck to everyone out there still going through this process. It may seem daunting and frustrating but in my experience, necessary and worthwhile in order to move on to the next chapter of our lives.
                          Congratulations and thanks for all of the work put in on this thread! It's helping me alot. You've provided a great blueprint here.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                            Congratulations and thanks for all of the work put in on this thread! It's helping me alot. You've provided a great blueprint here.
                            Thanks! That was the purpose of it all really. If it can help someone else, then it was all worth it.

Comment

I received the motion for summary judgement hearing in mail today, So I guess We will know soon when we need to move.
                              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I received the motion for summary judgement hearing in mail today, So I guess We will know soon when we need to move.
                                If you are not fighting it, figure 6 weeks to be out. I wouldn't wait for the sale date as you will have to move rather quickly after the sale. That only adds to the stress. I had planned on 3 weeks moving and glad I did.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X