No announcement yet.

Florida Foreclosure timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stopped making payments in Nov '10, had a LP filed against me on 7/11 and then started a mod program with the bank(but did not finish it due to ex wife) and the LP was dismissed on 10/11, filed for BK 4/12 but did not include the house in the BK as I was going to try and work with BoA on it.

Checking the court records right now there is nothing against my house and the last notice I got from BoA was last week about another attempt at a mod program, which again I will not be able to do.

I'm still currently living in the house saving money. BoA doesn't seem to want to work with me even though I've flat out said I want to save the house. Any guesses on how much longer I'll be in the house for?

Comment

My guess 6 mos or longer, but who knows, We still get mod papers every month, our LP Nov 2011, we cannot qualify for mod or cash for keys. We still sit here waiting for BOA to do something.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by mattfl View Post
        I stopped making payments in Nov '10, had a LP filed against me on 7/11 and then started a mod program with the bank(but did not finish it due to ex wife) and the LP was dismissed on 10/11, filed for BK 4/12 but did not include the house in the BK as I was going to try and work with BoA on it.

Checking the court records right now there is nothing against my house and the last notice I got from BoA was last week about another attempt at a mod program, which again I will not be able to do.

I'm still currently living in the house saving money. BoA doesn't seem to want to work with me even though I've flat out said I want to save the house. Any guesses on how much longer I'll be in the house for?
        Can you still add the house in the BK case? I would highly suggest you doing that to free yourself from the bank. If you chose later to work with the bank and keep the house, then sign new paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by cory1848 View Post
          Can you still add the house in the BK case? I would highly suggest you doing that to free yourself from the bank. If you chose later to work with the bank and keep the house, then sign new paperwork.
          The only way I was able to qualify for my chapter 7 BK was to keep the house, needed that monthly payment amount to be included in my costs.

Comment

well, we didn't keep our house or our credit card payments, but someone the firm we had got those payments on our means test. don't ask me how. i know we are in the middle district and i saw the correspondence between the trustees office and the firms office with their agrument about keeping in those costs. (this was prior to our 341) of course the trustees office said if your clients are not paying the credit cards nor the mortgage you can't count those costs. the firm said it's those "costs" or expenses that are present day and are not gone as yet so i'm keeping them in...and they did and we had no problem, which really, to this day can't figure it out but am certainly happy about it. it also may have had something to do with the fact that all of our income was considered exempt?
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

It is now 3 weeks after the lawyer filed for MSJ and I havent heard a thing from the court about a hearing date. Will update once I hear something.

Comment

Originally posted by cory1848 View Post
                It is now 3 weeks after the lawyer filed for MSJ and I havent heard a thing from the court about a hearing date. Will update once I hear something.
                Have you started looking into rentals? If so, hows that going? I've seen a lot of nice houses at least in my area in FL for a good price.
                "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                  Have you started looking into rentals? If so, hows that going? I've seen a lot of nice houses at least in my area in FL for a good price.
                  Started looking and focusing on a tight area and waiting to see what comes up. If we find that perfect house for rent in the perfect location that we cant pass up, we are ready to make the move. One requirement is close to my work and my wifes work. That will save us over $500 a month just in gas. Once things really start to move in the court that search will loosen up a bit I am sure.

Comment

Keep us posted , Rentals in Riverview Area where I want to live are too high, so may have to stay here in polk county. The housing prices have really dropped so rentals going up I guess. We still have heard nothing from court since LP in Nov.
                    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
                      Keep us posted , Rentals in Riverview Area where I want to live are too high, so may have to stay here in polk county. The housing prices have really dropped so rentals going up I guess. We still have heard nothing from court since LP in Nov.
                      I have noticed rental prices going up as well over the past 2 years. One thing I learned from the last time I looked around was that everything is open to negotiation. My list of amenities include... min 1800sqft, min. 3 bedrooms, a garage, within 5 miles of my work ( I want to be able to bike to work), pool but will settle for not having one if the house is perfect, and lawn/pool care included. All for under $1250. I can stretch to $1400 if the place is perfect. I have seen a couple that meet that criteria so I know they exist. Just wasn't ready to jump on them at that time. The court timing is everything for me. I want 3-4 weeks overlap to move so I am not killing myself but at the same time, don't want to move too early that I lose out on saving more money.

Comment

My house is so nice , I am spoiled. But it will cost at least 1600 in Riverview for house like mine. My sister 7 yrs out of bkrptcy, just bought a house there for 101K 1800 sq ft, 7 yrs old her pmts are 800 month. NO pool, but the community has 2. Her HOA 38month.
                        So I hope to be able live in there also.
                        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
                          My house is so nice , I am spoiled. But it will cost at least 1600 in Riverview for house like mine. My sister 7 yrs out of bkrptcy, just bought a house there for 101K 1800 sq ft, 7 yrs old her pmts are 800 month. NO pool, but the community has 2. Her HOA 38month.
                          So I hope to be able live in there also.
                          I wonder how long home prices will stay this low... Another 3-4 years until I can buy again (currently don't plan to) hopefully prices will still be this low.

Comment

I would be surprized it they rise anytime soon, as my realtor says all she sells is shortsales. Some people are spreading rumor it has improved but I do not see it.
                            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

County site just updated with our court date for MSJ. 8-22-2012. So another 2 months until court date and I expect a month after that for sale. Means I am out of the house end of September. At least now I have a timeline. It is a month later than I expected. Not complaining as I can use the extra months free rent for more savings. I don't expect to hear anything else until after that date. Once I do I will update further. Trying to research how long the sale dates are set out after a MSJ date.

Comment

Thanks for the update, Sounds like it might finally be over, and you can finally get it behind you. But it could get cancelled or sale delayed.
                                I know we are ready for our forclosure to get over. We got another mod package in mail saying final offer.
                                chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X