No announcement yet.

Florida Foreclosure timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My notice also came in regular mail. It was titled "Order Setting Case For Trial". It contained the date and Courtroom location. The assigned Judge is allegedly very unsympathetic to the Defendant (Thank you Lord). He once had over 300 cases scheduled in 3 days during "Florida's Good Ole Rocket Docket Days".

Comment

That is amazing, I guess he sleeps good at nite, just doing his job. We still waiting for the attorney to get moving on hubby chpt 7, It will be a miracle if he can file a 7, and we do not want a 13 as he will be retiring or losing his job by then. Big blow up at work before xmas, between 2 owners. He is considering just cutting hours for rest of the year or retiring.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I am no longer living in my condo, I went on Broward Clerk of Court web site and there is a one page notice of Lis Pendens started by the HOA. On the form is just the names of the defendant and plantiff..nowhere on the notice is a date by which I have to answer this form...do you answer a notice of Lis Pendens? Is there another form that I should be receiving?

Anyone know how long a HOA foreclosure takes???
        I have heard it is shorter timeframe to foreclosure

Thanks

Comment

Mine did not include a date either, just the attorneys number, You do not not have to reply to it. It is just notice of lawsuit is started, The next thing will be the request for summary judgement it will include a hearing date. Not sure of time, could be 3mos, 6mos, etc. My HOA President is always calling the banks to get them to move on the forclosure so she can get her hoa fees , she threatens to forclose but never has, Usually they file it to get your attention I think. I bet the Bank will jump in soon and also file LP. I am in Polk county, I looked at current cases and they are moving along faster 6mos, Mine is over 12 mos since LP, but it really depends on the attorney handing it. I read that they actually go in and set up the dates themselves. Keep us posted.
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Most of the timeline updates are fairly old. Anyone know how cases are moving in the Miami area?

My Ch7 was discharged a year ago, and I just was entered into the County Clerk's system for LisPend this week. A process server came to my home, but I just didn't answer.

Any tips on what to expect?

Comment

I think Florida is moving faster now on forclosures, Your Lp is just the beginning so you have some time. The HOA also gets served the LP.
              My notices after LP came in regular mail. HOA get all the notices too. My HOA president is a friend of mine, she lets me know when she gets one. If your mortgage company has it ducks in row, they can push it right threw in a few months. So keep checking. Since they have filed the LP , the request for Summary judgement could be in anytime. Then auction date. Usually goes out of your name 2 weeks after that. I plan to move around auction date.
              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Most of the timeline updates are fairly old. Anyone know how cases are moving in the Miami area?
                I'm also quite curious about this as I'm just starting the process now (45 days late) in the southern district of Florida.

As it happens, CNN Money just published an article about the changing foreclosure picture today with a focus on Florida (no spaces though; I had to add them because of the forum settings and only having 11 posts):
                http :// money.cnn. com/2013/01/17/real_estate/foreclosure-neighborhoods/index.html

I don't imagine there's any way to truly forecast the timeline, especially when reading this thread and seeing all the potential craziness that can ensue. I have 3 mortgages by two companies for instance, one a credit union and one a big mortgage bank, so my situation will probably be quite different than yours, which in turn will likely be quite different than the ones on this thread. So many unique circumstances!

If you check out the southern district's hideous website, they have a section with statistics, which show a substantial drop in filings year-over-year (far more than the 3% in the linked article). Interestingly, the # of filings appears to double for each county as you go south. Still, with the thousands of cases being filed and only hundreds being resolved in the same period, its clear the backlog is still substantial (they break it down by chapter, so it's not just due to chapter 13s being on file for so long).
                http :// www .flsb.uscourts. gov (again without spaces) and click on Case Information and then Case Filing Statistics.
                Last edited by ExplorerZ; 01-16-2013, 10:36 PM.
                Filed Chapter 7, January 2013. 341 Meeting, March 2013.
                Discharged as Asset Case w/ Stipulation, May 2013. Closed, May 2014.
                South Florida foreclosure: last payment, October 2012. Lis pendens, November 2013.

Comment

I looked at about 50 cases filed dec 2011 Lp, and most were over by 6mos, that is polk county. I think it depends on your 1st mortgage holder and the attorney they hire.
                  chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
                    I looked at about 50 cases filed dec 2011 Lp, and most were over by 6mos, that is polk county. I think it depends on your 1st mortgage holder and the attorney they hire.
                    You may want to check out today's Tampa Bay Times. The article states that Florida is number one nationally for the number of foreclosures and number one in the the timeline ( 28 months) to complete a foreclosure. The cases you saw may have seen uncontested foreclosures on homes that have been abandonded. Homeowners that are fighting to save their home with an attorney are taking much, much longer than 6 months.

Comment

I agree if you fight or have attorney it will be delayed. My Lp is on 13th month and If I do not delay by hubby filing chptr 7 it will be over in March. I think the 28 months may be including time before Lp is filed, when they actually stopped paying. I am just referring to Lp to actual forclosure sale of property. Our total is now 31 months since we stopped paying. We did nothing to delay, they offered us mods, mediations for about a year of that time.
                      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Your right I read the article again, it does seem to suggest 28 months after Lp starts. It will be interesting to see.
                        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

We are going to fight BOA tooth and nail. BOA has filed a Form A (mediation) and our attorney will be there with us. If that does not work out, we have given instructions to drag this thing out as long as possible.

Comment

How many months late were you when they filed LP? We were 19 months late when they filed ours.
                            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
                              How many months late were you when they filed LP? We were 19 months late when they filed ours.
                              I was two months late. BOA lost my paperwork for loan mod 4 times. I quit trying after that. Now, according to my attorney, we will have mediation. If that does not work out, we will attempt to force BOA to work out something through the court. We had a very consistant payment history. If mediation and the court doesn't work out, we will be saving, saving and saving. We are putting our mortgage payment amount in an escrow account. If necessary, we will present that to the judge show consistant saving.

Comment

They sent you a LP thru the court or just threatening notices?
                                chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X