Florida Foreclosure timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilyat108x View Post
    Justbroke, if foreclosure doesn't show on credit report after bk, is there any advantage to the homeowners after bk in doing a deed in lieu?
    The only reason to do a Deed In Lieu, is to speed up the process so that you become qualified for a new mortgage 3 years from the DIL (under the FHA guidelines).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

House sold back to bank at auction today $180k (Duval Florida). I guess I have 10 days to move the rest of my stuff?

Comment

Any letter from bank yet, Did they off Kash for Keys?
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by sh1035 View Post
          House sold back to bank at auction today $180k (Duval Florida). I guess I have 10 days to move the rest of my stuff?
          Yes the bank may move for eviction. Maybe contact the bank and maybe they'll do cash-for-keys to get you out of the home more smoothly.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Florida Forclosures are moving faster I think.
            Two more forclosures in my neighborhood.

Neighbor A ( was trying to do shortsale) LP 7-2009, SJ April 1. Sale date May 2013.

Neighbor B , Lp July 2012, SJ hearing April 26. ( She previous LP 2009, did chpt 13 it failed got dismissed 9-2010. filed chpt 7 ,11-2013)
            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Florida foreclosures are back on track.

Comment

No I think its a little early for that?

Comment

Yes, FL foreclosures are chugging along (FINALLY!!). I filed a Motion to Expedite mine back on Jan 24th. Up until then, the case had sat dormant since March of 2012 (lis pendens was filed Dec. 2011).

Final Judgment rec'd on Feb. 27th, sale date April 3rd, The $150,000 condo sold to bank for $1,101.00.

I stayed current on the monthly condo assessments and an annual subdivision HOA until the end of 2012. I know by law the bank is liable for $1,500 of the late assessments, late fees, and whatever att'y fees they've tacked on by now, but I'm hoping they'll just pay all of it (probably near $5K by now) to avoid any liens being placed.

I can't tell you what a sigh of relief this is -- My bankruptcy was discharged back in 2010, and I've been waiting for my fresh start ever since. And here it is!!

Good luck to everyone else! It seems like the 2-3 year waiting period is over.

Edit to add: I just noticed my signature!! Oh my, what a happy little optimist I was back in 2010 when I typed that.
                  Filed Chapter 7 pro se: 1/12/10 341 held: 2/16/10 Discharged and Closed: 4/20/10
                  Stopped Mortgage Pymts: 5/1/10 Moving to Rental: 7/2/10. Hoping Wells Fargo forecloses in 6 months tops

Comment

Originally posted by sh1035 View Post
                    No I think its a little early for that?
                    The banks, after settling in both the Federal and State foreclosure lawsuits, are back in business. The foreclosure business. Florida foreclosures should now be back to 7 months from Notice of Default to foreclosure sale; unless the homeowner contests the foreclosure.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                      The banks, after settling in both the Federal and State foreclosure lawsuits, are back in business. The foreclosure business. Florida foreclosures should now be back to 7 months from Notice of Default to foreclosure sale; unless the homeowner contests the foreclosure.
                      The key phrase here is "contests the foreclosure." My attorney stated this week that foreclosures where an attorney is involved in the Tampa Bay area have slowed somewhat. Looks like as he says, "the banks are going after the easy pickings." I am fighting them every inch of the way.

Comment

Does anyone know if a home can be foreclosed on if BK is discharged but not closed? We are just one month into a year asset buyback.

Comment

I thnk as long as discharge has happen they can move forward. My family member was discharged 3-4 and the forclosure is happening april 25 . Their forclosure was started in LP in July 2012, and they filed chpt 7 11-2012. I would think a New LP would take at least 6mos.
                          Last edited by Floridagail; 04-09-2013, 04:46 AM. Reason: add
                          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Thanks Gail, thought that was probably the case. The trustee wanted proof the house was still insured, so I thought maybe it was considered an asset of the court until the payoff was complete and the case was closed.

Comment

Every case is different. Did you get your lein stripped.
                              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Yes, 2nd was stripped. We hate to consider default, but house needs alot of work. Just dont know if its worth hanging on to it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X