No announcement yet.

JPMorgan CHASE STOPS FORECLOSURES!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True both Chase and BofA have stopped foreclosure processes in 23 states, but California is not one of them! Glad mine went smoothly and on time, once they filed the NOD (May 27)... 110 days later was sold back to the bank (Sept 17)! Now I only wish that they did offer it in California, as the house I'm now renting has just had a NOD filed so will be moving after the Trustee Sale and hope BofA offers cash of keys, as I could be out in less than 30 days.
    November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

I wonder if Wells Fargo will follow suit.

Comment

it most certainly does!!!

i know when i posted this the other day there were only 4 states involved...florida, ny, nj and illonis....

however, last nights nightly news says basically they are halting ALL foreclosures (then they said 20 states so as usual tv news is unreliable)...that is chase, but they expect other banks will follow shortly.

what an absolute MESS!!!!!!!!!!
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

SPalin - Which bank was your mortgage with? I am in CA and have GMAC mortgage and I am really hoping to stay in my place till at least Jan 2011...but I am not sure of the likely hood of that happening. My NOD was recorded on July 22nd.
          It seems like the days of going 14-18 months with no payments may be coming to a close. Though all these banks are making such a mess of the foreclosures all the articles state that it will only delay the process by about 60 days. The only hope I really have in delaying the process is that it will take the banks longer to go through EACH case instead of getting rubber stamp happy and passing them through.
          I plan on calling the California AG next week to get the scoop on GMAC. If I find out anything interesting I will be sure to post.

Comment

In the foreclosure process did your bank ask for a relief of stay to start the foreclosure process?
            It looks like my bank is processing things pretty fast. I was hoping for a little more time in the house.
            At what point did you relize that the foreclosure process had stoped?

Comment

BofA is my 1st and Chase is my 2nd. Just received letter from Chase today that, unfortunately since I have not responded to them, they will continue their collection efforts and will consider pursuing the rights and remedies under the agreement and the applicable law. BofA just continues sending me notices that I am late.

Should I worry at this point? I'm working as a temporary and have been unemployed for over a year up to this point. The job will only last 2-3 months tops. Should I make this a new post?

Comment

Rep Alan Grayson on foreclosure fraud factories

youtube link
                filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

have dial-up and an old computer so after waiting 10 minutes for the thing to load I gave up.

Comment

The problem here, is that the courts I believe, make them show who technically owns the house. The want proof. Because lets just say i walk into court and ask for proof of ownership...Chase better have it or everyone looks like Dumba$$$es. I know with every ounce of my being, that my paperwork is WAYYY screwed up and that is why they can still not foreclose on me...2 years later.

I also have a feeling that I will be like Tobee and still be sitting here 1 or 2 years from now asking why won't they take the house. The thing i worry about is if that is when they stop paying taxes and insurance. Taxes go with the house though right?

Either way it goes, it will still be a nightmare even though I am not liable for the debt any longer. Like I have said before, the gift that keeps on giving.
                    Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                      Rep Alan Grayson on foreclosure fraud factories

youtube link

wow....cat....but i wish he had more answers....i mean he laid out the fraud and what's happening perfectly....how are they going to MIX this mess???

now that's something i would like to know!
                      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
                        BofA is my 1st and Chase is my 2nd. Just received letter from Chase today that, unfortunately since I have not responded to them, they will continue their collection efforts and will consider pursuing the rights and remedies under the agreement and the applicable law. BofA just continues sending me notices that I am late.

Should I worry at this point? I'm working as a temporary and have been unemployed for over a year up to this point. The job will only last 2-3 months tops. Should I make this a new post?

well actually discourgaged in light of this "new" fraud situation i would ask chase to supply you with all supporting documents in your agreement.

i know now...chase apparently doesn't even have mine...and like everyone's saying, if they commited fraud, they really can't make a move.

unfortunately, with the 2nd i would contact them and ask for copies of everything....even if you have to go and answer a summons you could delay and stall......but you didn't mentioned have you filed BK??? are you going to if not.....and if you are, are you surrendering or reaffirming your house???
                        Last edited by tobee43; 10-03-2010, 04:33 AM. Reason: TYPO's R ME

Comment

Originally posted by tyson24 View Post
                          The problem here, is that the courts I believe, make them show who technically owns the house. The want proof. Because lets just say i walk into court and ask for proof of ownership...Chase better have it or everyone looks like Dumba$$$es. I know with every ounce of my being, that my paperwork is WAYYY screwed up and that is why they can still not foreclose on me...2 years later.

I also have a feeling that I will be like Tobee and still be sitting here 1 or 2 years from now asking why won't they take the house. The thing i worry about is if that is when they stop paying taxes and insurance. Taxes go with the house though right?

Either way it goes, it will still be a nightmare even though I am not liable for the debt any longer. Like I have said before, the gift that keeps on giving.
                          tyson...we listed the house as surrendered in our bk petition and we listed the entire mortgage amount.

the mortgage was discharged...we have no financial obligation to pay taxes, insurance etc., the only obligation would be that of HOA dues...which is not applicable to us.

when i hard pressed this government task force last week by demanding some answers....within 24 hours this report on chase hit the news waves....so apparently we are NOT ALONE in our plight.

i know the mortgage broker we used was a fly by night co. and chase was assigned our mortgage....so i'm just about certain we are in this group of unclean documents.

my question is NOW WHAT???

and i think now i have my answer to why the hell were they (chase( had attempted to fraudulently begin another load mod a few weeks ago, it must be apparently to get us to sign "legal" documents to hold us responsibile...i mean what else could it have been???

i now have issued my phone number to chase...since there is no reason to hide which we never did i the first place...but we left the state and did notify them in writing...but that certfied letter is most likely in chases twightlight zone pile of unknown and unclaimed and unopened mail....wow...

i will not be holding my breath for a call back. i left chase last week with a supervisor was suppose to call me back...and the government task force told me another person would also call back to resolve this....

the shame of it is, in our chase we have no problems with giving them back the house. but think of it this way the LEGAL WAY...if the FHA requires a foreclosure prior to chase be able to put in a claim for the PMI...and they don't have legal documents to foreclose...well....the are up the river for certain without a paddle unless they can get us to resign something...one would think...and that will never happen in this lifetime.

OH NO!!!!!!!!! i'm sure the government will now begin a program of fraud stimulus release get of jail free cards for these crooks....
                          Last edited by tobee43; 10-03-2010, 04:50 AM. Reason: TYPO's R ME

Comment

Originally posted by nomore008 View Post
                            In the foreclosure process did your bank ask for a relief of stay to start the foreclosure process?
                            It looks like my bank is processing things pretty fast. I was hoping for a little more time in the house.
                            At what point did you relize that the foreclosure process had stoped?
                            oh...we got served....but the process never moved...and that was over 2 years ago.

now looking back we could have stayed in the house....but we didn't want to and really couldn't afford the heat and cooling anyway.

but we realized it stopped after there was simply NO movement. we have a docket number etc....but nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyme View Post
                              SPalin - Which bank was your mortgage with? I am in CA and have GMAC mortgage and I am really hoping to stay in my place till at least Jan 2011...but I am not sure of the likely hood of that happening. My NOD was recorded on July 22nd.
                              It seems like the days of going 14-18 months with no payments may be coming to a close. Though all these banks are making such a mess of the foreclosures all the articles state that it will only delay the process by about 60 days. The only hope I really have in delaying the process is that it will take the banks longer to go through EACH case instead of getting rubber stamp happy and passing them through.
                              I plan on calling the California AG next week to get the scoop on GMAC. If I find out anything interesting I will be sure to post.
                              I had WaMu which became Chase for my mortgage. When the NOD was filed it stated I had abandoned the house and surrendered the keys, but I was still living it! I'm sure I'll be part of a class action lawsuit once all this comes to light, of how they are just rubber stamping paperwork! Remember California is not one of the states that Chase/BofA, Ally have not stopped foreclosures in, but maybe the AG will force it at least temporary. I'm now renting a house that has just had a NOD filed by BofA, so was hoping to stay until February of next year... my landlord's Bk was filed last month, so that might push it until January for the 90 days... and if BofA suspends foreclosures a couple of months maybe I'll have until April 2011>
                              November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Chase didn't ask for a relief of stay... but I filed as retaining the house and changed to surrender at the 341 meeting.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X