Any experience in NJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience in NJ?

Just wondering if anyone here has foreclosed in New Jersey, specifically Bergen County. My lawyer says the process should take about 2 years, just wondering if that's true.
    Filed Chapter 7 Oct. 2010
    Discharged Jan. 21, 2011

we have property in a near by county...it's been 2.7 years and chase hasn't budged!

we have attempted everything, a deed in lieu, hand over the keys...etc. we did surrendered the house in the bk, however, the bank took possession two years prior to our bk. they changed the locks, maintain the property etc.

i keep checking the county sheiff's foreclosure site...and nothing. at this point, i don't even think they will ever foreclose.

however, if you are still IN your house, the bank may still move to have you removed. we left and moved 1700 miles away and at this point would just like our names off the deed.

good luck!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

My attorney told me the same thing. I haven't made a payment since February and the only thing the bank did was file for a relief from the stay after I was discharged.

The bank cannot remove you from the house as long as your name is on the deed as you are still the legal owner. And they can't get your name off of the deed without foreclosure.

Use this time wisely and save money for both rent, and an emergency fund.

Comment

I live in Ocean County and have an interest only loan with Bank of America. I made my last payment in April. I was served with a summons in October but asked for the foreclosure to be delayed because the loan is considered "High Risk". Foreclosure is set to resume in April 2011 to give me time to negotiate with BoA. Had it not been for the delay, a sheriff sale would have been scheduled in Early December for a Jan/Feb sale. So for me the process would have taken 9 - 10 months.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X