Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is: BANA CWB CIG HFI 1st Liens??

Hello all,

Just got a letter from BOA notifying me of a name change to the servicer of my loan. In FC post CH7.

The letter states the creditor is BANA CWB CIG HFI 1st Liens. I am trying to figure out who the "real" creditor is and if BANA...HFI 1st Liens is an arm of BOA or a separate entity BOA is servicing for.

Thank you!!

I've seen BOA abbreviated as BANA. It is apparenlty the abbreviation they use for mortgages.

I did some Google searching on the rest. Here's what I think the other mean:

CWB = CWB Mortgage Ventures, LLC, which was a subsidiary of CountryWide and now of BoA.
    CIG - Corporate Investment Group, another subsidiary of BOA
    HFI = Held for Invesment. It's a classification of a loan. BoA has a HFI loan department.

So, it looks like it's still owned by BOA. Probably just their way to internally keep track of the loan details.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you LadyInTheRed!

Comment

BANA ='s Bank of America, N.A. ='s Bank of America, National Association (FDIC designation for national banks, I believe).

Des.

Comment

I rec'd the same letter yesterday, I believe the same creditor you say was on your letter, threw me off as well!

Comment

In respomse I wonder if you requested a copy of the deed they could even supply it.
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X