Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOA after Chapter 7

Ok, so here's my story.

Filed 12-31-08, didn't reaffirm first or second mortgage. Have been doing a pay and stay or ride-thru. Decided to let my place go now, haven't made a payment since 6/1/11. What are my options now? Do I have to keep paying my HOA until it's out of my name and officially foreclosed? I'm staying until they kick me out and they did file a NOD and think I'm looking at June or July to get forced out. When can I stop paying my association fees of 208 a month?

THank you,

Jeff
    Filed Ch 7: 12-31-08 in IL (Equifax) 469
    341: 2-13-09 --- Held and Concluded 538
    Discharge: 4-15-09 - 601 NOW
    I came, I went, I saw, I was discharged. Thank god for this board.

You are now "renting" for the cost of the HOA until the property is foreclosed. If you do not pay the HOA at some point it may sue you.

Des.

Comment

The HOA fees owed, if any, before your filing date were discharged if you listed them. Post BK7 you are responsible for the HOA fees as long as your name is on the title. Depending on the state and bank you may be able to get the next owner or the bank to pay them if you stop paying them. In other states they can sue you for the money. I think it is FL that can foreclose on a house for past due HOA fees. Check with a lawyer before not paying. However, I agree with the idea that you will continue to live in the house for the HOA fees and avoid the potential hassle of being chased for the money. Saving the mortgage money must be helping the bottom-line.
      Lawyer - $3000
      Filing fee - $299
      Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

http://www.**********.com/blog/2011/...re-still-owed/

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X