top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreclosure Hearing Tomorrow! Urgent Advice Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure Hearing Tomorrow! Urgent Advice Needed!

Hey guys!

So I filed for Chapter 7 on Oct 2010, 341 Nov 2010, Discharge Jan 2011!

The bank took their sweet time, but after a bit of back and forth we have finally gotten to the point of the hearing!

I am really looking forward to getting this finally finished and am looking for any info at all on what the hearing consits of.

Has anybody been to one of these? Was any info needed? Any points or potential problems?

I haven't been able to find anything about the hearing and what to do at it or anything.

I surrendered the house and had already moved out of it in Aug 2010 so I definitely just want it out of my name.

Thanks all!

If you moved out of the house and don't care if they foreclose, I doubt there is no need for you to go to the hearing.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Lady, I am pretty sure I dont need to also. I just cant seem to find any data on what happens at the hearing and any snags that might come up...

Its more the lack of data than anything else that concerns me right now.

Plus, I figure theres no risk in going - but if I don't go then I won't know what happened until it comes in the mail or shows up online.

Of course, if there is any reason not to go I'd like to know!

Comment

It's a waste of time if you are not objecting to the foreclosure. Since you have discharged the debt, there is no recourse against you. Even if you do attend and they call your case and you enter an appearance (respond), the case will still proceed almost as quickly as if you were not there. I guess it could be "interesting" to witness the process; especially considering Florida's defunct "rocket docket".
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hum... Well Justbroke, maybe thats why I cant find any data on it...

Have you ever heard of anybody actually going to it?

Comment

Originally posted by trango View Post
            Have you ever heard of anybody actually going to it?
            Yes. The stories are all sad. One I read was where an older couple went to try to save their home. The only question the Judge would let them answer is whether they were late on their payments. After they said "no", the Judge granted the foreclosure. It's pretty much like that.

If I were on vacation that week and at home, I might attend just to see what was going on. But it would purely be for education on how the foreclosure process works inside the courtroom.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That is sad.

But no stories where they had to pay for taxes or anything else?

I know I'm covered by the BK discharge, just making sure all my bases are covered.

I am going to go tomorrow - like you said its at least going to be mildly interesting.

This is really just a last minute "Ok, everything is good, right?" check

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X