Well call me paranoid, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well call me paranoid, but...

Over the past week it feels like the Sheriff has become a permanent fixture in front of my house. The car will sit there for several minutes and ONLY leave when I open the front door and stare *or* if I make my presence known somehow. I called my attorney and his assistant said that she didn't see anything in my file about a foreclosure yet, as they hadn't even started the process when we actually filed, so there should be no reason for there to be a sheriff "watching" my house.

Anyone???? I asked my realtor friend and she said that the Sheriff is the one that serves notices to vacate, but I thought that even if I'm surrendering the house in a bankruptcy, the normal foreclosure process (around 145 days or so in Idaho) moves forward. I mean, there wouldn't be any reason for this guy to just hover around my house because of our bankruptcy, right?

My main concern is because we're having a family friend move in and take care of the lawn/house maintenance since we're moving. The attorney's assistant said that was unnecessary because the house is "the bank's problem now" (she's wrong, by the way...it's not the bank's problem *yet*) and we don't need to spend any more money hiring someone to take care of the place. Well, we're not, so it's no big deal and we look at it as though we're protecting ourselves. But I don't want to move this person in here if there is some sort of weird exception for surrendered homes and the foreclosure/eviction process happening faster than normal...

Walk out to the sheriff's car, hand him a doughnut and a cup of coffee (you now have a new best friend) and say something like: "I've seen you sitting here in your car a lot lately. Can I help you?"
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Yep, be direct and find out what's going on. You've done nothing wrong so you have nothing to be afraid of.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Don't forget to thank him for keeping helping keep the speeders down on your road with his visible presence when you give him that donut. Then you can tell him since he is there all the time, you feel so much safer. I have to be careful when I upset cops. I'm allergic to nightsticks. I get all swelly and puffy.

Comment

sheriff depts not only serve foreclosure notices, but other summons. so it may not even be about your house. is anyone else suing you? maybe they are waiting for your spouse to serve them???
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Sounds like the sheriff is taking a break on taxpayer time! :-) Or there is drug or other activity in your area/neighborhood and he is on watch. I agree with the others - go ask! I certainly would if I saw a police vehicle sitting in one area near my house multiple times....

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X