top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peoperty sold at auction, who responsible for property tax.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peoperty sold at auction, who responsible for property tax.

Mortgage have an escrow before it sold at auction 11/27. Lender have not pay for property tax. Tax is due by 12/15. I am responsible to pay for the property tax. I don't know yet how long the new owner going to recorded with the county, there is time limit for this. I asked the lender does not know, the trustee who sold the property said they gave all documents to the new owner and the new owner will handle the recorded with the county
    Thank you all for any input.

Property taxes are a lien against the property. You have no personal liability to pay them. If the lender doesn't pay them before the transfer to the new owner is recorded, the new owner will have to pay the tax to have the lien removed. I'd ignore the tax notices if I were you.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LadyInRed,
      I feel much better now about the tax issue.
      Thank you.

Comment

Property taxes always go with the land, not with the person. Thus, if they are not paid, then the taxing authority (city, county) will place a lien on the property. Since the property has been sold, this is not your problem. Your only problem is to move (if you haven't already done so) before the new owner files suit to evict you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X