top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if they change our locks??? HELP???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if they change our locks??? HELP???

We are in the process of moving out but we still have a lot if stuff in our house. We had a letter posted to our front door saying that the mortgage company thinks the house is vacant and abandoned. It's not vacant. Not abandoned. We are still maintaining it. Electric gas insurance ADT. Mowing the grass weekly. And we are paying a law group for foreclosure defense. Next hearing is not till August. The letter couldn't have been there for more than a day or two because we are at the house every couple of days moving stuff out of it. I called the number from the letter On Thursday and explained we are still there. Someone came today and mowed our grass! Our car sas in the driveway! and We just mowed it two days ago! What if they change our locks? How do we get our stuff out then? This is scaring me! Help?

You should send a letter to the mortgage company via Certified Mail telling them you are still occupying and maintaining the property and that they should not change the locks. Better yet, ask the attorney representing you in the foreclosure defense to write them a letter.

Why are you moving out AND fighting the foreclosure?
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

If they change the locks, you just enter your own home through any means necessary. You own the home until it is foreclosed upon. I also do not understand moving out AND fighting.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

At this point we are fighting until we get our stuff out. Ending the defense soon...we initially started the FD when we were trying to modify the loan. Now we found a other place and started moving a couple of weeks ago. We have a bunch of stuff to move and don't want to end the defense until we have some more things out. Working on that now...

Comment

You should get that letter to you lawyer fast and I wouldn't worry about entering your own property, its still yours, if they change the locks call the police and change them yourself.
          Filed Chapter 7 10-2008
          341 Meeting 12-2008
          DISCHARGED 2-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X