top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreclosure after not reaffirming loan-Ohio-how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreclosure after not reaffirming loan-Ohio-how long?

My dh and I declared Ch. 7 and it was discharged in July, 2013. Our attorney (and the bankruptcy trustee) both recommended we NOT reaffirm the mortgage on our house, which we really could not afford. So we did not reaffirm with Wells Fargo. So we decided to try to magically make it work and stay in the house and "stay and pay." Here it is a few months later and we are now 30 days behind on our payment. We have decided to simply let the bank foreclose on the house. Since we no longer have a "mortgage" payment on the house and no mortgage agreement in place, will WF be able to foreclose much faster than usual. I am told that a typical mortgage in Ohio takes 150-180 days. I can't get our bk atty. to call me back, and we really need the 5-6 mos. of not paying to build up something to use as a deposit/whatever it takes to find a house for rent who will take us with three dogs. Please, any advice?
    Thank you.

The fact that your personal obligation on the mortgage was discharged does not change the foreclosure process.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

We surrendered our property in Ohio when we filed 12/2011 (discharged 3/2012) and it is still not foreclosed on. The servicer has changed and at one point it did make it to the auction block but it was a no bid (the bank did not even take it back) so it still sits almost 2 yrs after surrendering, and sits, and sits....

Do a search on the forum here and you will see many stories of homes that were surrendered that are still not foreclosed on. The banks do not seem to be in any hurry to add another home to their already too much inventory. You may have much more time than you think to save up some money. Good Luck!

Comment

What county are you in? It makes a big difference.

Comment

ohio is a judicial state, depending on how quick they are moving it will be at least at min. a year. each state is different some are judicial states other not, those are the ones like AZ where you hear people are out in 90 days. i believe there are 13 judicial states in the country at the moment while some claim they do both judicial and non judicial foreclosures.

our property was or is in nj it's well over 5 years an still nothing.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Our property is in Franklin County and has just been added to the auction list for the 3rd time scheduled for January. We will see if it goes this time and hopefully at least the bank will bid and take it back. Fingers crossed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X