ocwen doesn't start the foreclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ocwen doesn't start the foreclosure

I filled bankruptcy chapter 7 this year and got discharged in june. I havent been paying my mortgage since may 2014, I thought ocwen would start the foreclosure process by now. The only thing I get from them is notes on my door asking to contact them. It has been six months. ..
    I have also second mortgage with Chase they also haven't been contacting me.
    I don't wanna do whole bunch of paper work for DIL because of my second mortgage... I am not sure what should I do?

It is very common for banks to take their time to foreclose. It could be months or years before they get around to it. Just keep living there for free until they foreclose. If you are anxious to leave, you could call them and tell them that you are not interested in keeping the home and that they should move forward with the foreclosure. It may inspire them to foreclose, it may not. Or you could just leave and inform them that the home is empty.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Plus, when the 2nd is with someone else it makes it much harder to get a DIL for the 1st mortgage holder and many banks will not even entertain the thought.

Comment

Yes the 2nd with a diffferent lender makes it "nearly" impossible to do short sale or DIL.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Just remember that if this home is in an HOA or Condo Association (CA) you will need to keep up payments. If you are in an HOA/CA, you may consider asking the HOA/CA to foreclose (if you are behind in payments to the HOA/CA).

I know it's frustrating, but the lender is not required to foreclose at all. There is no way to tell when, never mind "if" they will foreclose. The likelihood of the second mortgage foreclosing is highly unlikely if you are severally underwater (especially when second mortgage is wholly unsecured).

Please take this time to save your usual mortgage payments! Don't touch it! Put it in a passbook or other savings account where you don't have easy access (debit card). You may need this money to move, pay deposits, and continue your fresh start.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X