Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't filed yet...

Roughly 35k in unsecured debt.
    I'm Current on all credit accounts and my credit in 700s. I got Divorced in 2015 and I can't keep up with payments anymore...

Questions:

When should I stop charging and start not paying?

How soon can I file after I stop paying and after my last credit purchase? I don't anything to look sketchy.

I live in Massachusetts.

Thanks!!!

Hi Bill,

If you know you're going to file you should stop charging and stop paying NOW. You need to go have some free consultations with BK attorneys who will explain the process, timeframes.
    I think you'll find that nothing you're doing is sketchy (but the lawyer will let you know if i'm off the track Good luck and welcome to this forum
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Stop using credit cards yesterday!

To avoid the possibility of debts being presumed to not be dischargeable, you should put 90 days between filing BK and charges for luxury goods and services exceeding $650 to a single creditor and 70 days for cash advances exceeding $925.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I just came from the BK attorney and I took advice I got here and went to an attorney that just does BK. Now I see why, I feel very confident things will go well. I was more worried than I need it to be. He told me to stop using and stop paying now and we will be fine.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X