More bk chapter 7 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question More bk chapter 7 questions

I'm just starting this whole bk process and creditors are calling my work even after telling them I cannot receive personal calls at work! They've even called and left messages with minutes on the same day and lied that it wasn't hem when it clearly was the same person bc she left her name and number for call back. Since then I've filed a complaint with FTC Consumer Finance. Not sure what the outcome is but I had to do something. I wanted to move forward with the process however in Jan of this year I had a car accident and was injured and need surgery and currently have a personal injury case that's unresolved. My attorney has advised me to hold off on bk until afterwards. I'm so afraid of having my wages garnished or account frozen especially from this bottom feeder loan company that harassing me. Has any had a unique issue such as this? TIA

Have you been sued yet? Nobody can garnish your wages or freeze your accounts until they get a judgement against you.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I haven't received anything in the mail except for advertisement saying a judgement was being entered and could contact their office for legal representation. It's odd bc I've been stalking the mail. Not sure if it would be certified or regular US mail.

Comment

I suggest you check local court records to find out if there is a lawsuit against you. Your BK attorney may be able to check. If not, check the court website to see if you can search for a case against you or go to the court clerk's office I am not familiar with procedures in your state, but if a judgement is entered and you did not get proper notice of the lawsuit, you may be able to get the judgement set aside.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Ok I will certainly check on that. Thank you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X