After 10 years, closed Nebraska chapter 7 bites me in the butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 10 years, closed Nebraska chapter 7 bites me in the butt

Home sale is schedule to close, but title company is seeking abandonment certificate to prove no creditors would be paid from sale of home. I don't see an abandonment filed by the trustee on pacer, but home was exempt. Attorney sent documents to title company, but that didn't suffice them. Discharge was 10 years ago and case was closed and the only lien with county records is my current mortgage that we reaffirmed. Waiting for response from my attorney.
    Any familiarity with this situation? Thought this was all behind us after almost 11 years.

The discharge and close is the abandonment of the property. Usually, the Trustee files a Final Report and Distribution (or a Report of No Distribution meaning there was nothing administered). That's all there is! Otherwise, choose a different title company that knows what they're doing.

(Edited to add... literally, the "Report of No Distribution" means that no assets were taken. The Trustee Final Report details what has been done, if any assets were taken or remain property of the Estate.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Don't know if First American Title is in your State but if it is, my recommendation is to move the escrow to FAT.

Des.

Comment

I used First American Title for my last closing. They are great.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X