top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did it take for your attorney to file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long did it take for your attorney to file?

Hi,

My spouse and I retained an attorney to file Chapter 7 the end of February. We really haven't heard anything since then and we were just curious how long it took for your attorney to file your petition? Thanks.

Sorry if this is a silly question...have you tried contacting your attorney for the status of your filing?
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by CatLady2020 View Post
      Hi,

My spouse and I retained an attorney to file Chapter 7 the end of February. We really haven't heard anything since then and we were just curious how long it took for your attorney to file your petition? Thanks.
      Has it been total radio silence from them? I filed Ch13 back in February and my attorney had my plan and paperwork ready to file within a week and a half. As well, I did not have any kind of emergency requiring it to be pushed quickly (no repossession, foreclosure, or anything like that). I can not speak from experience, but from what I read and researched, CH7 should not take that long to file unless there is some specific reason to wait. I know this pandemic may not make it easy at this point, but I would poking the mess out of their email, social media page, etc. if you are trying to get some kind of update at least.

Comment

After I had the final signing appointment for all of the paperwork, mine was filed the very next day. I got an email with my case #

Comment

I just wanted to update that we still haven't filed. I reached out on 4/13 and he said the petition is done and just needs to be reviewed for errors and he's hoping to get to it by the end of the week. That was 11 days ago, and once again I've heard nothing since. I'm starting to wonder if we are ever going to file.

Comment

CatLady2020, I'm not trying to make excuses for your attorney, but it seems like everything in this era of COVID-19 is taking MUCH longer than normal. My attorney, who is in "Work From Home" mode, contacted me a few weeks ago and told me not to hold my breath when it comes to the closing of my Chapter 13 case; the fact is, the full Bankruptcy system is as impacted by this virus as many others.

Keep us posted when you hear anything.
            Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X