No announcement yet.

Stimulus money is arriving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm nervous now.... I did my 2018 taxes... I filed jointly... we made less than 150k together... we have 1 kid... I should be getting money. But the status page when I put in our info says "we are unable to determine your eligibility" WTF.... what do I do now???

Comment

shipo ..might have been a typo but the amount s/b 2400, not 2500. We will all be receiving explanation letters in approx 2 weeks so maybe that will shed some light or explain how to question something.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

NoMoney30 - did you try inputting the information twice to ensure the info was pulling up either by you or your spouses SSN? Or maybe the system is still updating and you need to wait a while. Hopefully some guidance will come out regarding this.
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
          shipo ..might have been a typo but the amount s/b 2400, not 2500. We will all be receiving explanation letters in approx 2 weeks so maybe that will shed some light or explain how to question something.
          Sorry, my bad, yup, typo. We got well under $2,400.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

I have been scouring the internet and apparently a lot of people are getting the "payment status not available" message. Its really bugging me because I want to file this year's taxes but I owe them 2200 dollars and I need that stimulus money to pay them. I get money back from my state but of course I can't file the state without the federal. You can only defer the payment till July if you do direct debit and I wanted to use a credit card since I don't actually have the money ... but then I'm scared that will mess up my stimulus payment ... so, I'm just sitting in flux. I know the deadlines were extended but I hate having things "unfinished".

Comment

NoMoney30 - I am suspecting that if a number of people are getting that message...the IRS is still working on processing the checks and the info isn't yet available. When you filed for 2018, did you get a refund, and if so was it direct deposit? If yes and yes, the payment would've automatically been deposited to your bank account. All I can think is the IRS is still coming up with a schedule for who will be paid by check and projected date..just keep checking over the next couple days and hopefully it will update soon.
              Unless you made more than the 150,000/couple ...filing your taxes will not effect your stimulus payment. Why not wait till July to file and pay (other than having things "unfinished")??
              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Because I want my state refund.

No, I owe them money every year. Last year it was direct debited from my account but I have no way to know. Even if they haven't processed my payment, the status link on their site should have been able to tell me when they were processing it. But it says Unable to Determine Eligibility.

Comment

NoMoney30 - I'm not sure if they'll help you..but maybe call the IRS??? I'm still suspecting the IRS just doesn't have the information ready yet. I hope you'll get the info soon.
                  Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

They are not accepting phone calls.

Comment

NoMoney30 - I still feel because other people are getting the same or similar messages...the IRS is still processing the check information and will post it as soon as it's available.
                      Last edited by sophieanne; 04-15-2020, 04:39 PM.
                      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I got the same message no info available; I was suppose to get a refund last year but they took it and that direct dep acct is now closed; I do get SSDI so hoping they use that acct. I owe taxes for 2019 so I have not filed but IRS makes it sound like until I file no updated status?! Oh well glad I wasn't counting on that $!

Comment

@nel22nv - My understanding is anyone getting Social Security benefits will be in the next wave of deposits which will be in the next 10 days. The stimulus has nothing to do with filing this year's taxes. It is based on the amount of money you made for 2018 or 2019. But anyone receiving Social Security benefits will be on the list for payments. Does you SSDI get auto deposited? If so, it will just happen in approx. 10 days. If not, they will issue a check - again, keep watching the status of your refund screen on IRS.gov. Remember, it won't be there for about 10 days.
                          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Ours was in our bank account today.

Comment

I went on today and had no problem inputting our info/bank account. Out of curiosity I after I put the info in went on again to check status (through the Get My Payment link) and there was a disclaimer they update it once a day. So if you have a message on there like "processing" don't check multiple times a day, it won't change. Now I have no idea what time of day they update it!
                              I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Carmella - that's the fun of it..if it was too obvious (when it updates) you wouldn't have fun checking on it . Seriously I'm glad you were able to get in and add the info. Hopefully when you go in next time, your wait time for the funds won't be long.
                                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X