Will zero balance CC be closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will zero balance CC be closed?

I have a Care Credit/Synchrony bank credit card for vet emergencies with a zero balance. Will this automatically be closed after a CH 7?
    It is my understanding that ALL creditors find out about the BRY even if they weren't part of the discharge. But will they close the account?

There is no way to tell whether or not any specific creditor will close your account. Major creditors, and Synchrony is definitely defined as one of the largest creditors, subscribe to the Electronic Bankruptcy Noticing (EBN) system where they receive notifications as bankruptcies as filed. Even with a $0 balance, the creditor, having received the EBN notice, may take action and close the account.

I had a $0 Jared's account that I thought survived. I didn't touch it for a year. Then I poked the bear and they immediately closed it and claimed that it was included in bankruptcy, despite my $0 balance.

Simply no way to tell.

Welcome to BKForum.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ok, thank you. Sorry about the Jared's....sheesh, a year later? It would give me great peace of mind to keep it, as it has a 10K credit limit - not that I would ever spend that on my pets, but still....I could use it for medical/dental bills, too.

Comment

I would just not depend on the card for emergencies. If it does work, and lets your charge, then great! But there's nothing worse than depending on it for an emergency and then, bam, it doesn't work.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I just worry about my pets. One trip to the ER could be more than I could handle, financially. I am so afraid to lose that card (it has a 10K limit, not that I would spend that, I wouldn't). If not for my animals, I probably would have filed by now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X