top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to decrease Chapter 13 time frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carmella - unless your confirmation order said you had to submit tax returns, you shouldn’t have to. The trustee administers your case, not your lawyer. I personally would ask why he wants them if it’s not been required by the trustee.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
      Carmella - unless your confirmation order said you had to submit tax returns, you shouldn’t have to. The trustee administers your case, not your lawyer. I personally would ask why he wants them if it’s not been required by the trustee.
      In my case, my confirmation order said I had to submit tax returns to the Trustee each year, that said, my attorney expressly forbade me from sending the returns directly to him, instead, she asked me to send a copy of my return to her and she would then forward it on to the trustee. In this way she was able to review the return and lobby on my behalf during my third and fifth years, where my return was somewhat over the $1,250 threshold; in both of those years she was able to convince the Trustee I should be allowed to keep the excess. The good news is she prevailed, however, had I sent the return directly to the Trustee, I would most assuredly have been required to pay the excess for those two years as well as what I paid in my fourth year.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

shipo - in your case I understand the situation and I’m glad your attorney was looking out for you. In Carmella’s situation she’s in a 100% plan and unless her confirmation says she has to turn over tax returns...I don’t believe her attorney has the right to ask for them.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
          shipo - in your case I understand the situation and I’m glad your attorney was looking out for you. In Carmella’s situation she’s in a 100% plan and unless her confirmation says she has to turn over tax returns...I don’t believe her attorney has the right to ask for them.
          Agreed.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X