Medical Bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Bills

I just made my last payment to the trustee for my Chapter 13 in 12/2020. Waiting on discharge. I have some medical bills in collection ($2500) through Transunion. What is the best way to handle them? Do I settle on a lower payoff or pay in full? Also can/will they delete them from my credit report? Thanks

Are these debts from after you filed your Chapter 13? If so, then you're on your own as far as negotiating or paying in full. You could negotiated for the deletion of the collection item but I have no guaranteed ways to either negotiate and/or have the item deleted.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

While I was in my last year of Chapter 13 I was on a business trip to California and got a nasty sinus infection; I went to an urgent care center the day before I was scheduled to fly back to the East Coast, and they refused to treat me as I hadn't had the infection long enough. I was madder than a hornet because flying with a sinus infection is, for me at least, extremely painful; then I got the bill, just over $1,000! Yeah, being mad didn't cover it.

I immediately returned the invoice with a letter disputing the charge and insisting I wouldn't pay a dime unless they agreed to adjust the charges to be more in line for a clinic visit for a sinus infection. They refused. We went back and forth for about six months and then they disappeared; that was nearly two years ago and so far at least, crickets.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X