Got Pfizer COVID-19 shot #1 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got Pfizer COVID-19 shot #1 today

Geez I cannot wait until we get this COVID debacle in the rearview mirror; it seems to be weighing heavier on my mind than even the 7-year mark when my Chapter 13 falls off my credit reports next February.
    Latent car nut.

shipo - it definitely has turned us all upside down. I had my J&J vaccine last Monday. I hope you’re feeling good. When do you get your second one?
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thanks sophieanne, yeah, feeling reasonably well, just kind of tired; I get my second on 10-May.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

Glad to hear the only thing you’re feeling is a little tired. I got chills for a couple days but I feel good now. I’m also happy to hear your 2nd one is scheduled in May! 😊
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I had the Moderna, and the second one was really bad for me. Chills, aches, nausea, sweats. I finally went to my fam dr. three weeks later and he said it was not uncommon for 3 or 4 weeks of reactions for someone who already had covid. (I had it in July). He said the vaccination tells your body you have covid again and honestly I felt the same way as when I did have it, only to a lesser degree. I would still highly recommend getting vaccinated because its much better than having covid. I lost a cousin and my husband lost his mother to covid in the same week.

Comment

Yeah, I've been preparing myself for some nasty stuff after the second shot. I got sick in late January 2020 while on a business trip to Greensboro a week after visiting my elderly mother in Hackensack Hospital; needless to say, given the timing, while I knew I was sick, I had no clue it was "The 'Rona". Needless to say, I came home and promptly infected my wife. Funny thing, I made my final Chapter 13 payment and got my discharge while sick, and those two events certainly made being sick easier to deal with.
            Latent car nut.

Comment

I’ve also heard that getting the side effects as discussed above is not a bad thing. It means the vaccine is doing what it supposed to… Preparing your body just in case. However if you don’t get side effects, that’s nothing To be concerned about… Your body just reacted differently to the vaccine.
              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

You are right sophieanne the side effects are not a bad thing. I only had extreme fatigue after the second Pfizer. My daughter's boyfriend had really bad muscle aches/couldn't sleep after the second Moderna. My husband had some minor complaints after the second Moderna. My daughter only had one shot and gets her next Moderna in about 2 weeks.

I just hope the vaccination helps us get through this and that it's not like the flu where it comes back and changes every year, unless is more mild like the flu or cold is to most people. I had heard that Covid has been around and it wasn't really "bad" until this 19 strain emerged.

I am so done with Covid and working in a nursing home. I won't go into that, but I am way past Covid and want to move on and don't like it when people brush it off, because yes it's not bad for many people, but then other people get infected that it is very bad! My friend's daughter is 5 months out, 37 yrs old still using oxygen and has some lumps on her thyroid and a few other things caused by covid. Be thankful if it wasn't bad for you! My friend's husband was totally asymptomatic (he had the test at work then a second test to make sure he was positive). I can't understand how a disease is NOTHING to one person and life threatening to another when neither has any underlying conditions! Ok I said I wasn't going to go into it so I will stop!
                I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Carmella … Hi! I really appreciate what you wrote. People who are on the front line such as yourself knows what’s going on. If anyone is lucky not to know anyone who has been affected by having Covid…they may not always understand how bad it is, I always hope for the best for you and your husband. I won’t say anything else… I know everyone has their own opinion. I just appreciate hearing from you and thank you so much And I want you to know that I think of you often.
                  Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I get my second Pfizer shot tomorrow. I am expecting side effects but hope for the best. Everyone I know that received the 2nd shot had a slight fever, headache, and chills. I know that is supposed to be a good thing though. Will see how it goes.

Comment

crazytimes, please report back over the next week; I'm scheduled for my second shot on the morning of 10-May, the very day I start my new job. Ugh, not looking forward to trying to sort through all of the work they already have lined up for me if I'm feeling ill because of the vaccine.
                      Latent car nut.

Comment

crazytimes ..I hope it goes well for you!
                        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post
                          crazytimes, please report back over the next week; I'm scheduled for my second shot on the morning of 10-May, the very day I start my new job. Ugh, not looking forward to trying to sort through all of the work they already have lined up for me if I'm feeling ill because of the vaccine.
                          I will report back in a couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
                            crazytimes ..I hope it goes well for you!
                            Thanks. Me too.

Comment

Wanted to provide an update from getting my second Pfizer shot on 21 Apr 21. A friend of mine got hers a couple days before me and did not have any side effects. She stated she drank a lot of water before and after. I started drinking water and Gatorade as soon as I got up. Got my shot at 9am and continued drinking all day. I am happy to say I had zero side effects. My arm today is not sore and I cut the grass after work. Never got chills, fever, or fatigue. I don’t know if staying super hydrated is what worked but it worked for us. Maybe we were luckily but wanted to pass along my experience. Good luck to all and stay safe

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X