top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trustee asking for copies of tax return AND tax refund but refund is on tax return.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Trustee asking for copies of tax return AND tax refund but refund is on tax return.

I got my list of things the trustee wants and this is what it says regarding tax stuff:

COPIES OF YOUR 2019 AND 2020 STATE AND FEDERAL TAX RETURNS AND ANY TAX
    REFUNDS YOU RECEIVE. You will have to provide me with your 2021 tax returns when they are
    filed as well as any tax refunds that you receive for 2021. Failure to provide tax returns or tax
    refunds received may result in dismissal of your case or an objection to your discharge

The information for my tax refund is on the tax return itself so how do you just send a copy of that? I don't even have access to the bank account that got the refund deposits 2 years ago if he is wanting like a bank deposit statement or something?

Your Trustee wants a copy of the actual tax returns (2019, 2020 and, when filed, 2021) and payment any tax refunds that you did not receive, cash and spend before filing.

If you had already received your 2019 refund (long before filing bk), don't worry about it. If you are suppose to get refunds for 2020 and did not receive them before filing, when you get the money you pay it over to the Trustee.

You will also supply a copy of your 2021 tax returns when they are filed - sometime after January, 2022. Your Trustee will be entitled to a portion of the 2021 refund. Depending upon what he sees in the 2019 and 2020 tax returns, this requirement may be dropped as it may not be worth his bother to keep your file open that long.

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X