top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the worst thing that could happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the worst thing that could happen?

Hello,

I've been having some pretty bad anxiety lately. Filed chapter 7 back in June and my 341 is this week. I just cant stop worrying. What's the worst thing that could happen if my chapter 7 for some reason doesnt go as planned? The case gets dismissed and I am back to my old situation where I have to pay my credit card debt again?

I've also heard of some people getting converted to chapter 13 after initially filing chapter 7. Whats the worse thing that could happen with that? If for some reason I get converted to 13 but I don't really like 13. Can I just dismiss it by not responding or signing anything or showing up to the meeting? I'll just go back to my old situation and have to pay my debts?

Let me know guys, thank you..

I'm thinking there are too many unknown variables for any of us to formulate a reasonable response.

Here are just a few questions you'll need to answer for any thoughtful response (and there will be more once you answer them):
    • Did you file pro-se, or did you retain an attorney?
    • Do you have a vehicle and/or home you're trying to protect?
    • Are you above or below the median for your area?
    • How much is your monthly disposable income compared to your outstanding debt?
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Welcome to BKForum.

I closed your duplicate thread. Please re-read the forum rules regarding duplicate threads.

For what it's worth people don't get converted to a Chapter 13. A Chapter 13 is voluntary. If you don't qualify for a Chapter 7, then your case is dismissed but every court allows the debtor to convert rather than have the case dismissed. (It saves money if it's just a conversion.) shipo has pointed out the areas of concern, but most people fell better after the 341 Meeting. Only a very small percentages (2-5 out of 100) may feel some discomfort, but that's only because their case was complex to start (see what shipo wrote above).
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X