Why BK13 Still Adversely Affects the Debtor After Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why BK13 Still Adversely Affects the Debtor After Discharge

There are many negative consequences this BK13 has left us in its wake, chief among them where we are able to live and the necessity to buy new(er) cars ASAP.
    Because of the recent (and at that time still unclosed) BK13, this very nice rambler was the only rental we could qualify for even though it a considerable distance from where Zombie 13 works. A 700 (sometimes 750) score is required to rent a better home in a more affluent neighborhood and at that time (mid- April) his score was barely 650. Our plan is to get our scores above 700 and then move farther North is less than 2 years.
    And because BK13 forced both of us to drive old(er) vehicles that should have been traded in years ago, we had no choice but to buy these cars immediately. Fortunately, thanks in part to shipo and in part to common sense, we were able to find two such used autos. Of course, it didn't help that the trade-in value was low or non-existent, but because we were able to sell our Colorado house for enough money ,that even after paying cash for one and 70% for the second ,we still have cash in the bank.
    My takeaway is, had we not been dealing with the aftermath of the BK13, it would have been possible to rent closer and thus ,live closer to the job site and we would have already had reliable vehicles to drive before the move and could have gotten settled before having to rush through two car purchases!

I hear you in the car department because we will be saddled with two car payments. After the accident I wish I could have put even more down on my Sentra, but I needed that money and wanted a little cash reserve. Fortunately we don’t need to worry about renting. I never knew about the credit scores correlating with more affluent neighborhoods. Interesting because when we had the debt we had EXCELLENT credit because we made payments and had little cash and no savings, but we could have rented in an affluent apartment now after BK 13 we have more $$ but stinking credit so we would have to rent in a lesser neighborhood.
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Frankly Carmella , after the investor shack fiasco I am grateful to be allowed to rent again - there are some things I don't like about this rambler and I wouldn't want to live here forever : for one thing it's too far from Zombie 13's job site and the lack of a yard and the parking situation is not to our liking either. (I'll let Zombie 13 explain about that!)
      I do like living all on one level again though.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X