Bankruptcy Petition and signing appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy Petition and signing appointment

This is my first post and we have our signing appointment Wednesday. We will be filing chapter 7. I’m just curious because I’m looking at the overwhelming petition documents online, we filled out the entire bankruptcy worksheet which basically is all the same information that’s in the petition. Will we fill that out at the signing appointment or will our lawyer have it filled out already and just be going over it with us?
    also, anyone know how long this appointment usually takes?

Welcome to BKForum.

Your attorney's office will put all your information into a computer program, such as BestCase Bankruptcy, to complete the forms. They'll review the applicable laws regarding exemptions and any other claims that you may have. When you go to the appointment, you'll be signing the petition, and potentially a couple of more items (such as a declaration regarding other parts of the forms).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X