New to BK Forum - Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question New to BK Forum - Chapter 7

Life took a turn for the worst last year. I will try to keep it brief. I used to make about 180K~200K/yr in the mortgage industry, then the industry took a nose dive with the rising interest rates. Tried to pivot into crypto industry, realized many people are scammers and couldn't do it. Made pretty much nothing. Married w/ 2 kids. No income coming in, so technically don't really need to even file 2022 taxes as my earning are less than the annual required amount, but am going to do so myself for the sake of the BK. Started living off the credit cards. No real assets. Debt in excess of 120K. New job pays significantly less at 5K gross/mo. I deferred health insurance, as I need to feed the kids, who now live abroad. Minimum CC payments alone are around 2500/mo. I'm not a 1x30 yet, but will be in a couple weeks. With that, living expenses, and the money I need to send for my kids, I'm broke like a joke. Hoping things will turn around, but don't see it in the near future and feel kind of defeated. What can I expect when filing for Ch 7 BK?

How old are your kids? I can see an issue if they do not live with you and they are not “kids”. Bk might not allow that expense. Have you talked with an attorney? You can get a free consult.

Comment

My sons are 9 and 10. Older son is turning 11 in a couple months. I send them money western union.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X